Tokyo Markets Open in:
When to add value stocks to your retirement portfolio
• NFL team hires older coaches as mentors
• Avoid 401(k) tax hit on early withdrawals
• Why your muni-bond fund is in a sorry state
• How QE has cost savers $360 billion
• Medicare patients get break in 2014
Shelby's latest version
of the iconic Mustang GT
• 2015 Mustang redesigned to take on the world
• Best Mustangs of the past 50 years
• 'Gateway Benz' targets new type of customer
Heavy snow blitzes NFL
Big storm invading East Coast from heartland blankets NFL games from Baltimore to Philadelphia (left), where the referees admitted they couldn't see the goal line.
• Storm invades East, aims at Northeast
Need to know
• Covidien buying Given Imaging for $860 million
• Global cocoa shortage to continue
• India's ruling party trounced in elections
• ECB has necessary inflation tools: Weidmann
• Yingluck offers vote on Thailand crisis
• Yahoo acquires concert video service
in soaring exports?
Trade surplus soaring to near 5-year high may increase tensions with U.S. over trade imbalance, currency manipulation.
It's just what Jesus would do
The pope is being called a commie for saying we're too concerned with money, laments Al Lewis.
10 retail tricks to
get you to spend more
Watch for these signs that stores are trying to get you to spend more than you want to this season.
- Loading more headlines...
WTO seeks $1 trillion trade pact
Group moves to simplify customs rules to add up to $1 trillion to world's economy.
Obamacare cheat sheet makes signups easier
Use these six tips to make signing up for Obamacare at HealthCare.gov go more smoothly.
• Maryland health exchange director resigns
• 10 things emergency rooms won’t tell you
• Medicare users to get a break
• Last-minute tips for Medicare enrollment
You may not need
as much to retire
Robert Powell explains, with the caveat that the calculation is a bit complicated.
• Should you convert to a Roth IRA this year?
Tesla’s Elon Musk
It’s not the 300% stock surge. Or the vanquishing of the short sellers. Or even the fanatical fan base. Rather, it’s the relentless drive with which Musk pursues his vision — and his willingness to take on not just challenges but laws of nature — that makes him MarketWatch’s CEO of the Year.
• MarketWatch CEO of the Year: Elon Musk
Year-end tax strategies
If you're retired, or soon will be, here are essential year-end strategies to shrink your tax bill, including donations, medical deductions and Roth IRA conversions.
Wearing your heart-rate on your wrist: Futuresource Consulting's Simon Bryant says wearable electronics are the next big thing.
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner