Tokyo Markets Close in:
• Alibaba IPO is a bonanza for select firms
• Alibaba IPO creates ‘monster’ buzz on Twitter
• Herein lies the secret to Alibaba’s success
• J.J. Zhang: Alibaba bet better placed on Yahoo
• 5 pretty amazing facts about Alibaba
Will iPhone 6 delays leave you phone-less?
• Preordered iPhones won’t arrive till October
• On to the ‘Internet of Things’ (24/7 Wall St.)
• 10 things Apple won’t dare to tell you
Here’s where to look for liftoff clues at Fed meeting
• How to profit from Fed’s biggest bubble
• Only two words matter as Fed officials meet
• Posen on Scotland, Fed and a Japan crash
• A look at when Fed officials foresee rate liftoff
Morgan Stanley pumping the brakes on Tesla
Protect your portfolio against a Scottish exit
• David Beckham tells Scots to stick with U.K.
• Revisiting a playbook from Norway
• Polls show Scotland referendum is close
• Scottish independence vote going down to wire
Windows is the main play with ‘Minecraft’ deal
• Microsoft to buy ‘Minecraft’ maker for $2.5 bln
AB InBev may be seeking to finance SABMiller deal
• Heineken rebuffs SABMiller overture
• Asia stock markets: Latest quotes
• U.S. stocks: Nasdaq's big drop | After Hours
• Calpers to exit hedge funds
• Lufthansa pilots call off strike
• U.S. inflation chills out a bit at summer's end
• White House pushes for minimum-wage hike
• Hiring preference for veterans irks somes
• Cognizant to buy TriZetto in $2.7 billion deal
• Danaher to buy Nobel Biocare for $2.1 billion
• Ackman plans $2 billion IPO for Pershing fund
• U.K. gets further into renminbi trading
7 surefire ways to waste your money
You're working hard to build your fortune. Avoid these seven traps that could cause you to lose it.
• What does MarketWatch contest winner see?
Urban Outfitters sparks shirt outrage
Urban Outfitters is facing social-media backlash after offering for sale a blood-splattered Kent State shirt.
• Urban Outfitters & four dead in Ohio
Goldman, Citi, others release stress tests
Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and others release more details about what a severe recession might look like and how it could affect their firms.
Apple hack: How to pry Bono off your iTunes
Not everybody was happy to get that free U2 album from Apple. Here's how you can free your iTunes account of this.
Obamacare income issues go resolved
Officials supervising Obamacare's implementation said less than half the cases involving income discrepancies for those who seek subsidies have been resolved.
Amazon should buy a bankrupt RadioShack
If RadioShack were to file for bankruptcy protection, e-tail giant Amazon may consider scooping up some of its stores.
• Radio Shack surges as CFO departs
Emerging-market move is far
Trading Deck: Emerging market stocks are currently outperforming U.S. equities, writes Michael Gayed.
• Can we still hit 2050 in 2014?
BlackRock wants to reform trading
Fund giant BlackRock has sent its wish list of stock-market reform to the SEC. Here's what the firm recommends.
How value investing grows your nest egg
RetireMentors: Kenneth Roberts explains several common metrics for measuring a stock's valuation.
• What millennials can teach boomers
• Profit by suspending Social Security
InBev faces antitrust hurdle if it goes after SABMiller
Anheuser-Bush InBev is feeling out banks for financing a run at SABMiller, they best also have their antitrust lawyers on speed dial.
• How investors can tap into the beer wars
to catch China stock ‘through train’
Opinion: Starting next month, China will allow foreign retail investors to buy Shanghai stocks for the first time ever. And as Craig Stephen writes, they may prove to be a worthy purchase.
adviser may be a target for cyber crooks
Four questions to ask your investment adviser about cybersecurity.
Earthquake reported in Tokyo; no tsunami alert
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 down 0.1% at 5,466.10 early
Japan's Topix down 0.3% at 1,310.19 in early moves
Japan stocks open lower despite gain in premarket futures
Japan's Nikkei Average opens down 0.3% at 15,896.06
Japan's Nikkei Average futures up 0.8% on SGX
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner