London Markets Open in:
• Dollar General may be in play
• Icahn’s $149 million profit off Family Dollar
• Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar
This tweak from the Fed could rock the market
• The risk after Fed begins tightening
How health care ate U.S. economy, in one map
New map shows how health care has become the predominant employer in most U.S. states.
• Khosla: Soon, your doctor may be a phone app
• Hospira climbs while Danone shares are flat
How Zillow-Trulia deal affects online home search
Read CliffsNotes critique of an Ivy League education
Wall Street upbeat about Tesla’s prospects
• Fastest selling cars in U.S.
• 5 cars the richest Americans are buying
• Falling in love with a car online
Here’s what you shouldn’t buy on Amazon
The medical bills that hit retirees hardest
Is this sounding the death knell for the desktop?
• Asia stock markets: Latest quotes
• U.S. stocks: Markets eke out small gains
• Deutsche Bank profit falls, missing forecasts
• UBS posts profit gain, beating forecasts
• Michelin profit rises on lower material costs
• Israel says it’s escalating Gaza campaign
• Samsung delays launch of non-Android phone
• Darden chairman, CEO to step down
• Tesla, Panasonic may have ‘gigafactory’ deal
• Micron falls 4% to lead S&P decliners
• Virgin America files for IPO
• Doctor dies of Ebola, two Americans infected
• Swiss banks offer U.S. clients $5K to 'fess up
• What to watch for in Twitter earnings
Pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine see some of their worst battlefield setbacks in weeks as the West agrees on tougher sanctions aimed at forcing Moscow to cut support for the militias.
• Obama says it’s now G-7, with no Russia
• New sanctions on Russia coming: White House
real-estate has lone bright spot
Home prices are falling across China, but there is one exception. Homes in coveted school districts are soaring in price.
• Japan retail sales fall | jobless rate rises
• Microsoft confirms China investigation
• China raising minimum wage
‘3-D’ stocks retreat as Amazon joins fray
Amazon just joined the 3-D printing craze with a new store. Here's why 3-D printer stocks are down.
Philip Seymour Hoffman’s estate mistake
Opinion: Philip Seymour Hoffman needed some honest estate-planning advice, writes Melissa Montgomery-Fitzsimmons.
The Fed giveth, and oil taketh
Trading Deck: Mom-and-pop investors appear to be coming back into stocks in force, but oil prices suggest that any gains could ultimately amount to little, writes Michael Gayed.
When to see debt as a path to opportunity
Commentary: Debt is not a four-letter word — it’s downright American, writes Jeff Reeves.
Housing market still isn’t all fine and dandy
Housing still hasn't come around, as the pending home-sales index shows Monday.
• First drop in pending home sales in 4 months
Was your brokerage account hacked?
There is a risk that cyber thieves have hacked into your account. Here’s how to protect yourself.
6 ways to revive ‘Meet the Press’
Opinion: David Gregory’s Sunday-morning news show is in trouble, but it’s not all his fault, writes Jon Friedman.
Whole Foods stock is getting cheap
Opinion: Whole Foods Market shares are cheap, after investors were rattled by the grocer slashing its famously high prices, says Michael Brush.
• Wall Street rates 10 favorite fast-food joints
Everyone’s got a reason to love low bond yields
Here's where the forceful demand for bonds is coming from.
• Junk-bond fears rise as outflows accelerate
• Spanish 10-year yield hits fresh record low
5 questions to Carlyle’s chief economist
Jason Thomas is concerned that share buybacks are distorting per-share earnings and covering up weak sales growth.
• 5 biggest takeaways from this earnings season
• What surge in M&A says about stock market
• Buy-and-hold investing is dead
Retail tops patent-troll targets
While tech giants Apple and Google are often sued by patent trolls, retailers hold the top spot when it comes to targeted sectors.
6 ways low-savers can save their retirement
RetireMentors: Lack of participation in pensions and savings plans will make it tougher, warns Henry Hebeler.
• Need income? Try a balanced fund
• 6 ways new tax law helps sustain retirement
Japan's Topix ends with 0.3% gain at 1,290.41
Japan's Nikkei Average ends 0.6% up at 15,618.07
Hong Kong H-shares index up 0.3% at 11,102.26
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner