New York Markets Close in:
Post-Newtown gun-control backing has weakened
• Arends: Bonanza for gun stocks after Newtown
Millennials want to be the boss, and boomers don’t
• Furchtgott-Roth: Women don’t want to be CEO
• Boomers take a career break to re-energize
A look at Ford Mustangs that never made it
• Best Ford Mustang models of the past 50 years
• 2015 Ford Mustang unveiled
Here’s what you’ll save by ditching cable TV
• Are you ready to cut the cord?
• Why cable TV bills are only going up
• I tried to cut the cable cord — and failed
• Netflix won’t dominate at $7.99 per month
• U.S. stocks rebound; Nasdaq retops 4,000
• Week in Charts: Upbeat sign from job quitters
• Adobe, EA, Qualcomm rally; Anadarko slides
• Google could make own chips, threatening Intel
• Anadarko liable for $5 bln over Kerr-McGee
• Qualcomm promotes Steve Mollenkopf to CEO
• Simon Property to spin off some malls into REIT
• European Banking Authority warns on bitcoin
• Ireland first country to exit EU bailout program
• Rare snow blankets Israel, Syria, Egypt, Jordan
Calpers smacks down Icahn over Apple
Calpers calls Carl Icahn a "Johnny come lately" over the billionaire investor's bid to get Apple to return more money to shareholders.
Twitter undoes its blocking rule
Twitter quickly reversed a controversial blocking policy after a backlash.
Rising odds on Ted Cruz 2016 bid
A fellow lawmaker says a White House bid by Ted Cruz is definite.
• House easily passes budget pact
Amazon to take on Costco
The online retailer will launch a new business next year that specializes in consumer packaged goods.
• What Amazon wants you to buy now (24/7)
• Amazon grocery delivery expands to S.F.
‘Hobbit’ stocks to watch
These stocks are plays on “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, now hitting theaters.
• Less popularity in cards for second ‘Hobbit’ film
What about buy low, sell high?
Thomas Kee Jr. says today's market is more like buy high and hope to sell higher.
Not just too big to fail, banks are too big, period
Commentary: Letting the banks and Wall Street run everything is not only dangerous, it’s also inefficient, writes Rex Nutting.
• Push to dismiss lawsuit from Steve Cohen's ex
- Loading more headlines...
Obamacare raised the cost of your kids’ braces
An annual cap on flexible spending accounts is increasing medical costs.
• Obamacare in California: More signups
• Obamacare cheat sheet for HealthCare.gov
10 states with the priciest colleges
State investment plays a big part in college costs. Here are the costliest 10 states.
• 10 states where college is most affordable
Markets up but nest eggs still face risk
Rising stock prices and housing values doesn't necessarily mean your retirement is now more secure. Here's why.
• Retire Here, Not There: Idaho | Montana
There are numerous ways to add a little spice to your portfolio. Taking advantage of timing is one.
• Making a big play for 2014 right now
• Tune up your portfolio for 2014
• Safe and steady ETFs for the new year
• 2014 stock picks from Barclays
• Deutsche Bank sees stocks up just 3% in 2014
• Trading Strategies: December »
Tesla’s Elon Musk
It’s not the 300% stock surge. Or the vanquishing of the short sellers. Or even the fanatical fan base. Rather, it’s the relentless drive with which Musk pursues his vision — and his willingness to take on not just challenges but laws of nature — that makes him MarketWatch’s CEO of the Year.
• MarketWatch CEO of the Year: Elon Musk
Year-end tax strategies
If you're retired, or soon will be, here are year-end tips to shrink your tax bill, including donations, deductions and Roth IRAs.
Retailers may be misguided in targeting their promotional efforts toward women.
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner