• Alibaba roadshow woos U.S. investors
• Alibaba IPO is a bonanza for select firms
• Alibaba IPO creates ‘monster’ buzz on Twitter
• Herein lies the secret to Alibaba’s success
• J.J. Zhang: Alibaba bet better placed on Yahoo
Smart money: Buy stocks, but not till November
Poll suggests most “smart money” investors are expecting just a mild pullback over the coming weeks, followed by a year-end rally to new highs.
Good riddance, Scotland: We don’t need you
• Scotland: As needed in U.K. as Texas is in U.S.
• Origins, implications of Scottish referendum
• Protect your portfolio against a Scottish exit
In Scotland, Sean Connery is ‘Dr. No-Show’
• Weidner: Banks show true colors in Scotland
• Scotland readling from the Norway playbook
Hate annuities? 7 reasons to change your mind
• Why a robo-adviser might be right for you
• How value investing grows your nest egg
• What millennials can teach boomers
LinkedIn CEO: Good boss is willing to lose you
• AT&T CEO: Right skills elusive among workers
• 5 weird habits of happy employees
University of California’s Napolitano defends
• Best university in the world? MIT (24/7 Wall St.)
A ‘girl face’ can damage your ability to negotiate
• Dollar slightly up ahead of Fed outcome
• Sony raises net loss forecast for fiscal year
• Microsoft hikes dividend by 11%
• U.S. stocks: S&P 500's best gain in 4 weeks
• Credit Suisse loans draw U.S. scrutiny
• SocGen warns of danger in small-cap stocks
• Thirty-year mortgage sees biggest rise of 2014
• U.S. regulator sues Corinthian Colleges
• After Hours: Adobe slides; U.S. Steel soars
• Asian stock markets: Latest quotes
China pumps billions into banks
China's central bank is injecting about $81 billion into the country's five major state-owned banks as it moves to counter the economic slowdown.
• In China, hybrids to beat electrics (Caixin)
• Half of China’s wealthy want to emigrate
iPhone 6 review: cure for Android envy
Apple’s bigger iPhone, and super-mega-jumbo iPhone offer dual cures for Android envy, writes WSJ's Geoffrey Fowler.
• iPhone 6 Review: Bigger screen is better
• iOS 8 Review: Like a new phone for free
Simple way to beat the market
Opinion: When a company splits its stock, it usually means management is bullish on its outlook, writes Mark Hulbert.
Why these billionaires are heading into space
The so-called New Space market is attracting interest from ultra rich entrepreneurs.
• NASA picks Boeing, Space X
Hedge funds are losing their luster
Opinion: In this bull run, they’re being outperformed by the broader market, writes David Weidner.
• Calpers to exit hedge funds
One in 10 Americans’ paychecks gets docked
One-tenth had money seized from a paycheck and sent off to pay a debt last year, a new report finds.
How smart are you about health care?
A survey ranks boomers based on their savvy about health and medical costs; 1 in 3 get the equivalent of an 'F'.
Technical cross- currents ahead of Fed
Analysis: Market bulls remain on offense despite Fed-related volatility, reports Michael Ashbaugh.
• Market pullbacks present promise, not peril
Poverty rate falls; middle incomes stall
The poverty rate may be falling, but the typical American household isn’t getting any richer.
• A third of U.S. worries about money all the time
Here’s what millennials want when buying a home
Housing and mortgage industries can't wait for millennials to follow up on their desire to buy.
• How your home can help pay for retirement
• 7 things wrong with your house
• 10 best cities for millennials to buy a home
Buy Tesla on the dip, analyst says
Global Equities analyst Trip Chowdry suggests the tumble in Tesla’s share price on Monday has provided an attractive entry point for investors.
• Morgan Stanley pumps the brakes on Tesla
Will iPhone 6 delays leave you phone-less?
Check out the updated trade-in policies from mobile carriers and others.
• Will iPhone 6 miss China shelves this year?
• Preordered iPhones won’t arrive till October
Here’s why Microsoft is paying big money for ‘Minecraft’
Opinion: The $2.5 billion deal for Mojang could help the Xbox maker replicate its success with "Halo," writes Therese Poletti.
• Windows is the main play with ‘Minecraft’ deal
Goldman, Citi, others release stress tests
Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and others release details about how a severe recession might affect them.
• BlackRock wants to reform trading
FTSE 100 index up 0.2% to 6,807.43
French CAC 40 index up 0.4% to 4,425.90
German DAX 30 index up 0.4% to 9,667.59
Stoxx Europe 600 index up 0.5% to 344.50
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner