New York Markets Close in:
Insight: Veteran investor Mark Cook expects a bear market within 12 months, writes Michael Sincere
• Get ready for 48 hours of economic fury
To corporate America, even France looks inviting Opinion: The latest proposed inversion transaction makes even France a better corporate destination, writes Steve Goldstein.
• Hillary Clinton won't back away from Wall Street
Philip Seymour Hoffman’s ruinous estate mistake Opinion: Philip Seymour Hoffman needed some honest estate-planning advice, writes Melissa Montgomery-Fitzsimmons.
Take on more debt — it’s the American way Opinion: Debt isn't a four-letter word — it's downright American, writes Jeff Reeves.
Fastest selling cars in U.S.
• 5 cars the richest Americans are buying
• This Dodge is more powerful than a Corvette
• Falling in love with a car online
Has your brokerage account been hacked?
• First drop in pending home sales in 4 months
• Merger Monday: Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Trulia
• Virgin America files for IPO
• Russia ordered to pay $50 bln to Yukos holders
• Ryanair tops Stoxx 600 | Reckitt leads FTSE
• Hong Kong stocks notch three-year high
• Doctor dies of Ebola, two Americans infected
• Hospira may buy Danone unit, ditch U.S. taxes
• Swiss banks offer U.S. clients $5K to 'fess up
• Jobs report, Fed will take center stage
Whole Foods stock is getting cheap
Opinion: Whole Foods Market shares are cheap, after investors were rattled by the grocer slashing its famously high prices, says Michael Brush.
• Wall Street rates 10 favorite fast-food joints
$149 million profit
Activist investor Carl Icahn profits handsomely on an investment of less than eight weeks in discount retailer Family Dollar.
• Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar
Everyone’s got a reason to love low bond yields
Here's where the forceful demand for bonds is coming from.
• Junk-bond fears rise as outflows accelerate
• Spanish 10-year bond yield hits fresh record low
5 questions to Carlyle’s chief economist
Jason Thomas is concerned that share buybacks are distorting per-share earnings and covering up weak sales growth.
What surge in M&A says about stock market
Is the pickup in M&A something for market bulls to celebrate? Here's what analysts say.
• Hedge funds are betting on tax ‘inversion’ wave
How to play the pound in Scottish vote
Prepare for sterling to fall ahead of Scotland's referendum on splitting from the U.K., say analysts.
• Buy European stocks on dips, says J.P. Morgan
• Behind the wild collapse in small-caps
• Buy-and-hold investing is dead
6 things to watch in Europe
A plethora of economic reports will either stoke or dampen the debate over whether the euro-zone’s recovery is as lackluster as it looks.
• Das: Euro-zone inflation efforts are empty
• Clinton tells Europe: Stand up to Russia
• German official urges sanctions on oligarchs
6 ways low-savers can save their retirement
RetireMentors: Lack of participation in pensions and savings plans will make it tougher, warns Henry Hebeler.
• Need income? Try a balanced fund
• 6 ways new tax law helps sustain retirement
• Brand-name retirement advisers aren't enough
Fluke California lightning storm kills 1
A lightning strike claims the life of one victim and injured 12 others in Venice Beach, Calif., as a rare thunderstorm sweeps into Southern California.
• Connect with Sarah Palin for $9.95 a month
• Mick Jagger still rocking as he turns 71
• BuzzFeed fires writer caught plagiarizing
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner