London Markets Close in:
Facebook may prove Janet Yellen wrong Wednesday Commentary: Tim Mullaney says there is no bubble in social-media stocks.
• Facebook: Street sees revenue up 55%
• Facebook’s ‘cult’ is a win for shareholders
• This is America’s most-hated social media firm
Toyota’s FCV sedan: 300 miles without refueling
• Mercedes-Benz S550 plug-in hybrid on its way
• Beyond the yellow brick road: Maserati Ghibli
10 countries where people smoke the most
• E-cigarettes not savior of tobacco industry?
• Tobacco muni bonds face a trying time
Cities where millionaires roam in clusters
Hackers bypass online security at 34 banks
Charitable giving by Americans bounces back
Average premium hike in states without subsidies
• Obamacare ruling nitpicking over language?
• Courts are in conflict with Obamacare rulings
• 2 Ukraine fighter jets shot down in rebel area
• Biogen, Microsoft gain; Whirlpool, Juniper sink
• Calif. company recalls fruit on listeria concerns
• Bank of Spain raises 2014 growth forecast
• Glaxo shares fall in London after profit warning
• Pound drops below $1.7050
• Gold gains, but clouds shade short-term view
• Hong Kong stocks close at fresh 2014 high
• Bloomberg travels to Israel to protest FAA
• Gaza attacks could be war crimes: UN HR chief
• Broadcom says it will cut 2,500 jobs
• China bailout may avert bond default
• Get ready for lot more mobile commercials
Why markets don’t care what happens in the world
Commentary: The days when geopolitics could rock stocks are in the past, writes Matthew Lynn.
Why Obamacare ruling means more than it seems
Commentary: The president packs the D.C. court and sets a dangerous precedent, writes Diana Furchtgott-Roth.
The mutual fund industry has lost a voice of reason
Commentary: Chuck Jaffe looks at the 40-year career of Geoff Bobroff.
Top fund’s shareholders missed the party
Paul Merriman is troubled by a fund with great returns that consistently loses money for typical shareholders.
Great Crash of 2016: Why it could happen
Opinion: Janet Yellen has the same self-destructive instincts as Alan Greenspan, and that means a bubble, predicts Paul B. Farrell.
• Ashbaugh: S&P 500 defies global strife
• Arends: When Dow hits 20,000, stocks crash?
The unknown knowns mark the 2016 presidential contest
Opinion: Darrell Delamaide handicaps the 2016 election a la Rumsfeld.
Live blog: Barney Frank on Dodd-Frank
Live blog of House Financial Services Committee Dodd-Frank hearing with former Rep. Barney Frank and others.
• CFTC commissioner takes the revolving door
Bodies of MH17 victims head home
The first plane carrying bodies of the victims of the Malaysia Airlines crash leave Ukraine for the Netherlands.
• U.S. makes case against Russians over MH17
• Facebook asks users to report fake MH17 sites
This Apple supplier’s shares are flying high
Manufacturer of high-performance chips is also championing its capability in wearables, says Bill Gunderson.
• Apple patents ‘iTime’ smartwatch
• Apple to suppliers: Gear up for next iPhone
• Apple averages18% gain after 3Q earnings
Beetles kill this Beatle’s tree
A bark beetle infestation has led to the removal of a pine tree planted in Los Angeles to honor Beatle George Harrison.
Michael Lewis still calling market ‘rigged’
"Flash Boys" author’s discussion with late-night host Conan O'Brien is revealing in several ways.
• BATS O'Brien's epic TV battle with Katsuyama
How to avert a Casey Kasem-type legal drama
RetireMentor: Proper planning can prevent a family battle over a large estate and a second spouse.
• 4 reasons you need long-term care insurance
• Retiring soon? Rethink your investing risks
Ackman’s other bet on Herbalife
Bill Ackman said he has spent $50 million and two years researching Herbalife. Regulators may be reluctant to spend as much.
• Herbalife: A high-stakes hedge fund gamble
• Ackman’s ‘death blow’ fails to sway investors
• Herbalife CFO fights back vs. Ackman
Oil supplies down a surprise 4 million barrels: EIA
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner