Tokyo Markets Close in:
48 hours of economic fury
Fluke California lightning storm kills 1
• BuzzFeed fires writer caught plagiarizing
Dodge's 707-hp Challenger melts rubber to pavement
Sex, drugs and gambling capitals of America
• 10 countries where people smoke the most
• Cody: Best marijuana stocks to buy now
Wall Street rates 10 of our favorite fast-food joints
What does Wall Street think of your favorite fast-food joint?
• El Pollo Loco shares jump on trading debut
Amazon employee’s drone may have hit Space Needle
• Interactive: A field guide to drones
7 surefire strategies for organizing your life
• Asia stocks: Latest quotes
• Glaxo CEO floats possible consumer spin-off
• Swiss banks offer U.S. clients $5K to 'fess up
• Tribune: We want to buy newspapers
• AutoDesk CEO will be interim finance chief
• Junk bond fears rise as outflows accelerate .
• Gaza Strip cease-fire collapses
• Jobs report, Fed will take center stage
food crisis spreads
to foreign brands
For foreign food-and-beverage companies, China’s successive food-safety crises have generally been good news. But this latest round is different, writes Craig Stephen.
• Meat seller OSI pulls all China plant’s products
• Audi cuts prices of spare parts in China
may buy Danone
unit, ditch U.S. taxes
Hospira is in talks to buy Danone's medical-nutrition unit in a deal that could be worth nearly $5 billion and allow the U.S. company to domicile in France, the Financial Times reports.
• Hedge funds bet tax inversion M&A's to stay
China industrial profit up, but outlook cloudy
Profit at China’s largest industrial concerns pick up in June, but some of this is due to statistical noise, and headwinds look likely in coming months.
• Leighton Holdings' profit falls 20% in first half
• Philippines budget deficit widens sharply
Euro-zone inflation efforts are empty
Opinion: Europe's economic risks rise, and ECB chief Mario Draghi is short on tools and time, writes Satyajit Das
• ECB deputy puts faith in easing measures
• Clinton tells Europe: Stand up to Russia
• German official urges sanctions on oligarchs
Why it's so hard to find high-quality bonds
It's simple case of the amount of high-quality debt falling while investors' need for it is rising.
Rookie rep's big fail in front of Washington TV cameras
Video of Florida Rep. Curt Clawson mistaking senior U.S. officials for Indian government officials at House committee hearing goes viral.
Mick Jagger still rocking the world as he turns 71
Recently a great-grandfather, Rolling Stones singer celebrates 71st birthday Saturday as band marks 50th anniversary.
How U.S. stumbled into using drones
Predator flight in 2000 that spotted Osama bin Laden convinced U.S. of the long-term value of unmanned aircraft.
Why your clunky watch is
out of time
Ostentation in men's watches is losing ground to the simple elegance of models like this Patek Philippe.
6 ways new tax law aids sustainable retirement
RetireMentors: Legislation addressing one of the most anxiety-provoking subjects surprises Robert Klein.
• Young investors should embrace bear markets
• Brand-name retirement advisers aren't enough
Shanghai Composite extending gains, now up 2.1%
Hong Kong H-shares index up 0.3% at 11,026.73
Hong Kong's Hang Seng opens up 0.1% at 24,249.27
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 down 0.3% at 5,566.00 early
Japan's Topix down 0.1% at 1,280.40 in early moves
Japan's Nikkei Average opens down 0.2% at 15,426.98
Japan's Nikkei Average futures down 0.4% on SGX
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner