New York Markets After Hours
• CDC confirms first case of Ebola in U.S.
• 1.4 million cases of Ebola forecast by January
Newton, Mass., tops 10 best U.S. cities to live in
Obamacare quirk makes childless people buy pediatric dental insurance
• Oklahoma judge rules against Obamacare
• CMS tries to shed light on doctor-supplier ties
• J&J purchase will help it compete with Gilead
8 surprising Starbucks locations besides CIA
• 10 things Starbucks would rather we not know
Millennials set to make presence felt in housing
• San Francisco a case study in housing cool-off
• City-by-city house prices: Miami gains steam
• Big-city home prices below bubble-era peaks
• Powell: Focus is on housing, not health care
• Landlords are getting even meaner
PayPal is part of growing payments systems in U.S.
Spinoff from EBay makes PayPal a big player in the payment processing business along with handful of other heavy-hitters.
• PayPal welcomes Apple as rival
• EBay to spin off PayPal business
• Apple nudges PayPal deeper into bitcoin
• Analysts have high expectations for Apple Pay
Apple gears for ‘insatiable’ iPhone 6 demand in China
• Look beyond Samsung's rivalry with Apple
• Apple may owe $200 mln in back taxes to EU
• Apple, Fiat tax deals broke state-aid rules: EU
Banks refashion branches as consumer habits shift
• Bank of America ‘chips’ its debit cards
• This year at Pimco as measured in fund flows
• Benchmark Treasurys gain for third quarter
• U.S. stocks limp into October
• What to look for in Constellation earnings
• GoPro’s new cameras for those who go slower
• California to ban single-use plastic bags
• FCC eliminates sports 'blackout' rule
• Chicago PMI slows to 60.5 in September
• Consumer confidence falls sharply
• Netflix to roll out sequel to ‘Crouching Tiger’ film
The most ticketed car in America is…
Some vehicles receive more violations than others.
Microsoft offers first peek of Windows 10
Microsoft gives its first public peek at the next version of its Windows operating system.
Why you should invest like Harvard
Trading Deck: Endowment has lagged index funds, but a closer look and a longer time horizon change the view.
Wal-Mart: No seat belt in Tracy Morgan crash
Retailer argues that the comedian “acted unreasonably” in failing to wear seat belt.
Ford slices full-year profit view
Just three months into the top job at Ford, Mark Fields slashes full-year profit outlook.
• Did market overpunish Ford? (24/7 Wall St.)
• Ford continues to slide back in the pack
A part of the economy no one is worrying about
Auto sales have repeatedly set new postrecession highs and most industries are experiencing their fastest growth in several years.
Germany fights on two fronts to preserve eurozone
Opinion: More opposition than ever for Merkel and ECB, say Adriano Bosoni and Mark Fleming-Williams.
• Eurozone inflation hits five-year low
One very shocking wildlife stat
Earth's human population has just about doubled from 1970. But what has happened to the planet's wildlife?
• Farrell: Why Americans ignore climate change
‘Umbrella Revolution’ risk to Hong Kong economy
The massive wave of pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong may deliver a hard blow to the territory’s economy, and even all of China, analysts say.
• On the streets with young protesters
• Democracy protests in Hong Kong: slide show
• Hong Kong stocks slide in September
The Fed would like to do it all, but it can’t
Opinion: Fed officials may say there’s nothing the central bank can’t do when it comes to managing the economy, but Irwin Kellner says that isn’t exactly true.
Ignore the ‘Goldman tapes’
Opinion: The New York Fed sold out, and that’s all you need to know, writes David Weidner.
• A tough-on-Wall Street replacement for Holder?
Should you drink the annuity COLA?
RetireMentors: Stan Haithcock pores over the various types of inflation-adjusted annuities and strategies.
• Social Security strategies for married couples
Corporate debt feels heat from Pimco outflows
With billions of dollars fleeing Pimco, corporate debt and derivatives are feeling the most impact.
• Pimco ETF sees $446.5 million outflow: report
• Pimco Total Return Fund rating cut to bronze
• Bill Gross is easily the smartest guy at Janus
U.S. benchmarks teetering at major support levels
Analysis: The widely tracked U.S. benchmarks now face some important tests, notes Michael Ashbaugh.
• Hussman sees ‘ingredients of a market crash’
• Expect bigger, badder bubbles: Cody Willard
• Is this the correction? asks L.A. Little
• Jeff Reeves: This can’t be a stock bubble
Why you should ignore October crash warnings
RetireMentors: Pundits may say market crashes come in October. Don’t buy it, says Amit Chopra.
CDC confirms first case of Ebola virus in the United States -- reports
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner