Commentary: Mitch Tuchman weighs in on the active-vs.-passive debate.
• Apple may introduce wearable device on Sept. 9
Home prices hit 70-month high...now the bad news
• No more living on the wrong side of the tracks
Let’s hope Yellen can avoid Great Inflation of the 2010s
Mayweather looks to the Oracle for 900% punch
Ultra-flashy prize fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr. seeks advice from Warren Buffett on investing.
• How much do tennis pros make vs. others?
Here’s what Chinese solar-panel makers predict
• How China is keeping a lid on U.S. gas prices
Who’s on Goldman’s M&A short list? Web companies
• ‘Bubble’ talk as Snapchat valued at $10 billion
• Twitter CEO: Snapchat’s valuation ‘not absurd’
• Snapchat gets $10 billion valuation
Forget bedbugs — these bugs are bigger worries
• 10 businesses profiting from germaphobia
• Scientists seek to map bedbug genome
The most hated car company in America is ...
• Guess who owns the world’s only purple Tesla?
• Google car may mean cheaper car insurance
• Workday, Williams-Sonoma are stocks to watch
• Second quarter looks good in rearview mirror
• German unemployment stays at 6.7%
• FTSE 100 snaps winning streak as miners slide
• Bouygues falls, Essilor rallies: Europe movers
• Spain's economy sinking as deflation deepens
• French unemployment hits new record
• Gold pushes higher ahead of GDP number
• FBI probes possible hacking at J.P. Morgan
• China may open stock market to new nations
• Japan stocks fall ahead of key economic data
• H-P surpasses IBM as No. 1 in server sales
Who loses if Russia shuts gas valve?
As winter nears and tensions in Ukraine mount, Russia gives EU countries another reason to worry: natural gas.
• Russia plans to halt gas flow to EU: Ukraine
• Explosion shakes BP refinery in Indiana
How China is keeping a lid on U.S. gas prices
One reason prices at the pump this Labor Day weekend will be the lowest in four years.
Alibaba’s new U.S. perch for M&A
Opinion: Alibaba's new U.S. headquarters in San Francisco has a lofty view of the local startups, notes Therese Poletti.
• Alibaba profit, revenue surge ahead of IPO
• Alibaba's home-buying ‘rewards program’
• China’s housing plunge sparks clashes
The case for getting rid of 401(k) plans
Authors Rusty Olson and Douglas Phillips say it’s time to dump all those 401(k)s and replace them with a single private, defined-contribution plan.
Four traps wrecking your retirement
There are many ways to undermine retirement savings, but these four traps are easy to avoid, says Paul Merriman.
• Estate-planning issues when age gap is large
Top market timer
Insight: Mark Hulbert looks at the latest from Sam Eisenstadt, one of the best at calling the market.
• What S&P did last 2 times Fed started hiking
• V-shaped rebounds have become the norm
• Chart that stock bulls don’t want you to see
• Bulls in no danger of running off a cliff
Millennials paying for things the wrong way
Debit cards offer fewer protections and rewards and don’t help young people build credit.
• E-cigarettes hooking more high school kids
• Parents, stop paying off kids’ student loans
Facebook’s worst enemy? Not Google
Shares of Facebook have rallied close to 40% this year, but the bull run could stall early next year.
• Twitch users like watching others play games
• Morrissey book outsells Amazon phone
Big U.S. banks prepare to make even more money
Analysis: A rise in interest rates will help them earn billions more, writes Phil van Doorn.
Deficit to hit $506 billion if no new laws: CBO
Congressional Budget Office raises its forecast by $14 billion.
Why Indian stocks are a buy right now
Opinion: Long-awaited economic reforms will propel economic growth for years, writes investment strategist Henry To.
Germany must soften as France falls apart
Opinion: Building tensions point to a schism among three main members of the EMU, says David Marsh.
• Scotland casts a chill on U.K. stocks
• Baltics are hidden gems; Lithuania is a jewel
Ukraine president says Russian troops have entered Ukraine
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner