Tokyo Markets Open in:
Commentary: Most of those investors have no idea what's in their portfolio, writes Chuck Jaffe.
6 educational apps for kids worth every penny
Why passive investing will keep gaining ground
• Active funds may take 100% of your gains
It’s been a summer worth waiting (in line) for
10 companies that control the world’s food
• It’s been a summer worth waiting (in line) for
• 6 real culprits making American kids fat
• In China, cyanide found in dog meat (Caixin)
5 reasons to flee the U.S. for Canada
• 5 reasons Americans are unhappy
The worst thing about flying? These people
10 things telemarketers won’t tell you
Beijing plays hardball over Hong Kong democracy
• Chinese factory activity slows
• Yuan takes Chinese profits down with it
• European stocks gain | Tesco weighs on FTSE
• Novartis up, Iliad drops: European movers
• Indian shares at record after strong GDP data
• Apple, Tesla are stocks to watch on Tuesday
• U.S. economy still hitting speed bumps
• Alibaba stock may debut by Sept. 18
• Fiat-Chrysler U.S. IPO on Oct. 13: Marchionne
• U.S. markets closed Monday for Labor Day
10 best, 10 worst S&P stocks of 2014 so far
Insight: Philip van Doorn looks at the top- and bottom-performing stocks in the first eight months of the year.
And the best financial stock to buy today is ...
Trading Deck: Jeff Reeves on why you need to discover a company named Discover Financial Services.
• Gayed: Europe needs to stop the insanity
• Synaptics has the right touch (Barron's)
Joan Rivers on life support
The acerbic comic, 81, who has been a TV and movie star for almost 50 years, is being treated for heart and lung failure.
6 books Bills Gates says you should read
Microsoft founder Bill Gates has recommended books on business, finance and Obamacare — as well as a romantic comedy.
You’re paying for things the wrong way
Most people pull dollars rather than plastic out of their wallets for small purchases. Millennials are different.
What not to buy on Labor Day
There are many great deals to be found during Labor Day weekend, but you have to know what to shop for and what to avoid.
• 10 things beach resorts won't tell you
• Labor Day is a joke, so why not just abolish it?
• The countries with the biggest labor forces
Make your kid rich for $1 a day
RetireMentors: This extremely modest investment can yield $4 million when your child reaches age 65, says Paul Merriman.
Is Draghi’s finger on the QE trigger?
What to watch for in Europe this week, from Mario Draghi to the Bank of England to German data.
• Contraction in German GDP confirmed
EU’s new leaders: Pole, Italian
Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk will be first representative of a former Communist Bloc nation to become European Council president.
Ukraine loses ground to rebels
Ukrainian government forces lose more territory to Russia-backed separatists in heavy fighting, as European leaders threaten more sanctions on Moscow.
• Russia defiant on new Western sanctions
• Why investors will find Ukraine harder to ignore
• Who loses if Russia turns off the natural gas
• What experts are saying about Putin-Ukraine
Nike wins bidding war for NBA star Durant
Swoosh invokes contract clause to keep all-star Kevin Durant on Nike team by matching Under Armour offer reported at $265 million to $285 million.
Tesla $325 is ‘just math’
Analyst who called Tesla shares at $200 last year now has shares at $325 in a year’s time.
• China mulling tax to help electric cars: BYD
Test drive: The 2015 Corvette 8-speed auto
Corvette's new eight-speed automatic shifts faster than many dual-clutch transmissions, including the Porsche 911, an Autoweek test-drive finds.
• The most-hated car company in the U.S. is ...
• Honda Fit: The perfect back-to-school special
How to ship the ugliest $3 million car
Kia probably doesn't go to the lengths it takes to ship a Bugatti Veyron Vitesse.
How to avoid these 4 traps that wreck your retirement
Make sure you're not snared, and your retirement jeopardized, by one of these four common mistakes.
• Estate-planning issues when age gap is large
• 5 ways to make sure you can afford retirement
• Why so many 'retirees' are still working
• No ‘set it and forget’ it in retirement
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner