New York Markets Close in:
• For gold bugs, it's been an unhappy month
• Gold dips again; silver hits four-year lows
Who will replace the Four Lords of Technology? Commentary: Apple, Microsoft, Intel and now Oracle have lost their leaders, bringing an end to true innovation, writes Marek Fuchs.
Use these 3 quick tools to gauge your financial health
• This high-yield ETF is worth a close look
DiCaprio burned for hypocrisy in climate protest
• Thousands in NYC join march for climate
These are 5 expenses you don’t plan for, but should
How to shelter hundreds of millions in an IRA account
• 7 things you didn’t know about billionaires
• Weidner: Wall Street back to its wicked ways
20 amazing and affordable post-summer vacations The fall and winter months can be an ideal time for an affordable adventure.
• Alibaba IPO grows as bankers exercise option
• RadioShack in talks with major vendor
• National activity index turns negative in August
• Sigma-Aldrich, Dresser-Rand gain on deal news
• EMC weighs merger, other options
• Tesco shares mauled over accounting error
• Clorox to shut down Venezuela business
• Exxon will halt drilling in Russian Arctic
• Russian gas supplies to Central Europe fall
• G-20 plans 2% global growth over next 5 years
• Finally, a weight-loss app for your kids
Ex-IRS official: ‘I didn’t do anything wrong’
Lois Lerner says she did nothing wrong. P;us: Michelle Obama urged to campaign.
BlackBerry makeover starts to take shape
End of layoffs is a signal that CEO John Chen's shift away from consumers is showing results.
Pay off the mortgage before retirement
There are some good reasons for carrying a mortgage into retirement. But for many, it’s better to head into retirement mortgage-free.
Caffeinate retirement with low-cost funds
RetireMentors: Investing in your retirement portfolio is a little like buying coffee, says Sanjoy Ghosh.
This is the Wild West of the ETF industry
It pays not to be trigger-happy in ETF managed portfolios, suggest experts.
• These are the surprise ETFs of 2014
• Here's where active management still pays
Crowdfund funeral costs for a loved one
Instead of flowers or a charitable donation when someone dies, how about helping to cover expenses?
This 1 chart exposes climate hoax
Commentary: The climate science vs. denialism soap opera is dead, says Paul Farrell.
‘Yelping’ financial advisers
Opinion: New Web tools will enable you to weed out the bad ones, writes Asheesh Advani.
Smooth path for economy still elusive
After post-recession ups and downs, the U.S. economy appears poised for a smoother ride. Or does it?
• Housing sales report on tap this week
Double standard for female pro athlete
U.S. Soccer is drawing heat for letting star goalie Hope Solo play as she awaits trial on domestic-abuse charges.
U.S.: Allies will join airstrikes
U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power says U.S. has built a coalition of nations for air attacks in Syria on terrorist group.
• Thousands of Syrian Kurds flee Islamic State
• Turkey secures release of 49 captives
July existing-home sales revised to 5.14M million rate
August existing-home sales fall 1.8% to 5.05 million rate
Inventory of existing homes for sale at 5.5 months
August median sales price up 4.8% YoY to $219,800
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner