• Dollar General may be in play
• Icahn’s $149 million profit off Family Dollar
• Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar
How health care ate U.S. economy, in one map
New map shows how health care has become the predominant employer in most U.S. states.
• Khosla: Soon, your doctor may be a phone app
• Hospira climbs while Danone shares are flat
Here’s what you shouldn’t buy on Amazon
• Retail tops patent-troll targets
How Zillow-Trulia deal affects online home search
Wall Street upbeat about Tesla’s prospects
• Fastest selling cars in U.S.
• 5 cars the richest Americans are buying
• Falling in love with a car online
The medical bills that hit retirees hardest
Is this sounding the death knell for the desktop?
• FTSE 100 breaks 2-day losing streak; BP climbs
• Economy: Consumers confident, not chipper
• GKN, Renault among Europe stocks on the move
• U.S. accuses Russia of violating arms treaty
• Tesla, Panasonic may have ‘gigafactory’ deal
• Herbalife slumps as earnings fall short
• Israel says it’s escalating Gaza campaign
• Samsung delays launch of non-Android phone
• Deutsche Bank profit falls, missing forecasts
• BP profit rises on Rosneft boost
• Asian stock markets: Latest quotes
Pro-Russia rebels see battlefield setbacks as the West agrees tougher sanctions aimed at forcing Moscow to cut support for the militias.
• Obama says it’s now G-7, with no Russia
• New sanctions on Russia coming: White House
• Earnings preview: Exxon’s Russian gambit
‘3-D’ stocks retreat as Amazon joins fray
Amazon just joined the 3-D printing craze with a new store. Here's why 3-D printer stocks are down.
How yen will play out as BOJ sticks to QE path
Commentary: Japan will be just fine with a weakening in its currency as the central bank keeps up its anti-deflation push, writes David Marsh.
• Dollar hits 3-week high against yen on Nikkei
• Japan retail sales fall | Jobless rate rises
6 things to watch this week in Europe
Here are the data releases this week that should give investors clues as to whether the euro zone's recovery is real.
• Buy Europe stocks on the dips: J.P. Morgan
• Euro-zone inflation efforts are empty
real-estate has lone bright spot
Home prices are falling across China, but there is one exception. Homes in coveted school districts are soaring in price.
• China raising minimum wage
• Microsoft confirms Chinese investigation
The Fed giveth, and oil taketh
Trading Deck: Mom-and-pop investors appear to be coming back into stocks in force, but oil prices suggest that any gains could ultimately amount to little, writes Michael Gayed.
Housing market still isn’t all fine and dandy
Housing still hasn't come around, as the pending home-sales index shows Monday.
• First drop in pending home sales in 4 months
Was your brokerage account hacked?
There is a risk that cyber thieves have hacked into your account. Here’s how to protect yourself.
Whole Foods stock is getting cheap
Opinion: Whole Foods Market shares are cheap, after investors were rattled by the grocer slashing its famously high prices, says Michael Brush.
• Wall Street rates 10 favorite fast-food joints
Everyone’s got a reason to love low bond yields
Here's where the forceful demand for bonds is coming from.
• Junk-bond fears rise as outflows accelerate
• Spanish 10-year yield hits fresh record low
CliffsNotes critique of Ivy League education
Ivy League education turns students into zombies, says a former professor at Yale.
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner