Insight: Veteran investor Mark Cook expects a bear market within 12 months, writes Michael Sincere
Philip Seymour Hoffman’s ruinous estate mistake Opinion: Philip Seymour Hoffman needed some honest estate-planning advice, writes Melissa Montgomery-Fitzsimmons.
Fastest selling cars in U.S.
Dodge’s 707-hp Challenger melts rubber to pavement
Fluke California lightning storm kills one victim
• Connect with Sarah Palin for $9.95 a month
• Mick Jagger still rocking as he turns 71
• BuzzFeed fires writer caught plagiarizing
Sex, drugs and gambling capitals of America
• 10 countries where people smoke the most
• Cody: Best marijuana stocks to buy now
• Tyson profit falls short of forecasts; sales beat
• Cal-Maine swings to profit, beats expectations
• Ryanair tops Stoxx 600 after profit soars 152%
• Reckitt Benckiser leads U.K.’s FTSE 100 higher
• Hong Kong stocks notch three-year high
• Doctor dies of Ebola, two Americans infected
• Glaxo CEO floats possible consumer spin-off
• Hospira may buy Danone unit, ditch U.S. taxes
• Swiss banks offer U.S. clients $5K to 'fess up
• Jobs report, Fed will take center stage
Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar
Family Diollar shares jump premarket on a cash-and-stock deal worth about $8.5 billion.
Whole Foods stock is getting cheap
Opinion: Whole Foods Market shares are cheap, after investors were rattled by the grocer slashing its famously high prices, says Michael Brush.
• Wall Street rates 10 favorite fast-food joints
How to play the pound in Scotland’s vote
Prepare for sterling to fall ahead of Scotland's referendum on splitting from the U.K., say analysts.
• Behind the wild collapse in small-caps
• Buy-and-hold investing is dead
What surge in M&A says about stock market
Is the pickup in M&A something for market bulls to celebrate? Here's what analysts say.
• Hedge funds are betting on tax ‘inversion’ wave
Euro-zone inflation efforts are empty
Opinion: Europe's economic risks rise, and ECB chief Mario Draghi is short on tools and time, writes Satyajit Das.
• ECB deputy puts faith in easing measures
• Clinton tells Europe: Stand up to Russia
• German official urges sanctions on oligarchs
food crisis spreads
to foreign brands
For overseas food-and-beverage companies, China’s food-safety crises have been good news. But not this latest round, writes Craig Stephen.
• Meat seller OSI pulls all China plant’s products
• China industrial profit surges, but outlook hazy
• Wage hikes fail to ease rich-poor gap in China
6 ways low-savers can save their retirement
RetireMentors: Lack of participation in pensions and savings plans will make it tougher, warns Henry Hebeler.
• Need income? Try a balanced fund
• 6 ways new tax law helps sustain retirement
• Brand-name retirement advisers aren't enough
Why it’s so hard to find high-quality bonds
It’s simple case of the amount of high-quality debt falling while investors’ need for it is rising.
• Junk-bond fears rise as outflows accelerate
Rookie rep’s big fail in front of Washington TV cameras
Video of Florida Rep. Curt Clawson mistaking senior U.S. officials for Indian government officials at House committee hearing goes viral.
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner