New York Markets After Hours
20 amazing and affordable post-summer vacations
5 of retail’s most offensive clothing designs
What’s happening today in Scotland and when
• Craig Stephen: Scots may call London’s bluff
• Matthew Lynn: Good riddance, Scotland
• Scottish banks show their true colors
• Scotland: As vital to U.K. as Texas is to U.S.
• Protect your portfolio against a Scottish exit
• Scotland votes on U.K. exit
• FTSE 100 rises as Scots head to polls
November surprise: Senate stays in Democratic hands
• Democrats turn on Debbie Wasserman Schultz
• Tax-reform talk with Boehner — and wine
Tim Cook: Data safe with us — unlike some people
• Real reason people wait in line for new iPhones
• UBS analyst says Apple Watch will pay off
• iOS 8 review: Like a new phone for free
• Apple's iOS 8: Time to clear out digital attic
• Why iPhone 6's bigger screen is better
Elon Musk: Thermostat-like device will power house
• Competition for Elon Musk’s SolarCity
• Musk sees autonomous car ready in 5-6 years
College football’s most and least expensive towns
10 foods never worth paying full price for
• 10 things snack-food companies won’t tell you
Is your spouse hiding money from you?
• Are you a financially unfaithful partner?
• Secret debt digs Wisconsin family into a hole
• S&P 500, Dow close at record highs
• Oracle reports earnings of $2.2 billion
• McDonald's raises quarterly dividend by 5%
• JetBlue CEO to step down in February
• Clorox names Benno Dorer CEO
• AOL shares jump on Yahoo merger speculation
• Household net worth up $1.4 trillion in 2Q
• Costco ditches Amex at its Canadian stores
• Obama plans to tightly control strikes on Syria
• Attackers target 90 brokerages and advisers
• U.S. housing starts tumble 14.4% in August
• Amazon unveils high-end Kindle, low-price tablet
Stock, bond traders reading Fed differently?
Bond traders look at Janet Yellen and see a hawk, while stock investors see a dove. Here’s what’s really going on.
• Why investors still don’t believe the Fed’s dots
Sears should liquidate: Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse analyst says Sears story "not likely to have a happy ending."
Tesla and 4 other names to watch for market cues
Trading Deck: Keep an eye on these leaders, writes Kevin Marder.
• 4 stocks to watch
7 things you didn’t know about billionaires
Where do the uber-rich live, go to college and make their money?
Why Sony is worth much more than the market realizes
Commentary: Much of the bad fundamentals are already baked into the Sony stock at a $20 billion market cap, writes Cody Willard.
Wall Street returns to its evil ways
Opinion: You'd have expected banks and brokers to clean up their acts, says David Weidner.
Philly hiring intentions hit 31-year high
Manufacturers in Fed’s Philadelphia region continue to do brisk business in September, and hiring intentions surge.
• Weekly jobless claims lowest since July
• 7,000 more new jobs located in older data
ECB gets another shove toward QE
First Take: Mario Draghi’s options narrow as banks shun the offering of cheap four-year loans.
Yellen: Poorest in U.S. live in ‘sobering’ conditions
Condition of lower-income families in grim even as the economy recovers, Janet Yellen says Thursday.
• Fed data on retirement saving: It’s dismal
Charlie Munger, the Calpers exit and you
RetireMentors: Here's how money-manager shifts affect your ability to retire on time, by Mitch Tuchman.
• Arends: Be like Calpers, dump hedge funds
• Weidner: Hedge funds are losing their luster
• Calpers to exit hedge funds
10 stocks for activist investors’ hit list
Analysis: Philip van Doorn spotlights comglomerates that activists could demand better performance from.
• 10 solid stocks for risk-averse investors
News Corp dubs Google a ‘platform for piracy’
Publisher (and MarketWatch and Wall Street Journal parent) joins calls for EU to throw out its settlement with Google.
7 reasons to be bullish on Microsoft
Opinion: Jeff Reeves points out ways Microsoft has begun to break out, after having disappointed for so long.
Jeff Bezos wants to take one giant leap for mankind
Commentary: Bezos squaring off with Elon Musk for space supremacy, writes Therese Poletti.
• Why so many billionaires are going to space
• Musk ‘deeply honored’ by NASA contract
CEO says Pier 1 has been ‘in the dumb camp’
CEO Alex Smith's sobering remarks may be heeded by rivals.
Unhappy month for gold bugs
In most years, September is seasonally a strong month for gold. N
Five ‘soul- destroying’ jobs
Think you've had your share of bad jobs? Try being a collections agent on 9/11.
• One in 10 Americans’ paychecks gets docked
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner