Opinion: The $2.5 billion deal for Mojang could help the Xbox maker replicate its success with ‘Halo’, writes Therese Poletti.
• Windows is the main play with ‘Minecraft’ deal
• Microsoft to buy ‘Minecraft’ maker for $2.5 bln
Alibaba raises IPO price range to $66-$68 a share
• Alibaba IPO is a bonanza for select firms
• Alibaba IPO creates ‘monster’ buzz on Twitter
• Herein lies the secret to Alibaba’s success
• J.J. Zhang: Alibaba bet better placed on Yahoo
Will iPhone 6 delays leave you phone-less?
• Preordered iPhones won’t arrive till October
• On to the ‘Internet of Things’ (24/7 Wall St.)
• 10 things Apple won’t dare to tell you
Here’s where to look for liftoff clues at Fed meeting
• How to profit from Fed’s biggest bubble
• Only two words matter as Fed officials meet
• Posen on Scotland, Fed and a Japan crash
• A look at when Fed officials foresee rate liftoff
Morgan Stanley pumping the brakes on Tesla
Protect your portfolio against a Scottish exit
• David Beckham tells Scots to stick with U.K.
• Revisiting a playbook from Norway
• Polls show Scotland referendum is close
• U.K. inflation rate dips unexpectedly in August
• Chinese foreign direct investment at 4-year low
• Orange offers $3.3 billion for Spain’s Jazztel
• Dollar flat | Gold makes it two in a row
• SABMiller shares drag on FTSE 100
• Sears borrows $400m from CEO’s hedge fund
• Airbus to sell some defense businesses
• Calpers to exit hedge funds
• Clues to U.S. inflation coming in data Tuesday
U.S. makes first ISIS airstrike in Iraq
Stepped-up campaign against Islamic State militants begins as U.S. planes hit a single fighting position.
7 surefire ways to waste your money
You're working hard to build your fortune. Avoid these seven traps that could cause you to lose it.
• What does MarketWatch contest winner see?
Urban Outfitters sparks shirt outrage
Urban Outfitters is facing social-media backlash after offering for sale a blood-splattered Kent State shirt.
• Urban Outfitters & four dead in Ohio
Goldman, Citi, others release stress tests
Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and others release details about how a severe recession might affect them.
Apple hack: How to pry Bono off your iTunes
Not everybody was happy to get that free U2 album from Apple. Here's how you can free your iTunes account of this.
Amazon should buy a bankrupt RadioShack
If RadioShack were to file for bankruptcy protection, e-tail giant Amazon may consider scooping up some of its stores.
• Radio Shack surges as CFO departs
Emerging-market move is far
Trading Deck: Emerging market stocks are currently outperforming U.S. equities, writes Michael Gayed.
• Can we still hit 2050 in 2014?
BlackRock wants to reform trading
Fund giant BlackRock has sent its wish list of stock-market reform to the SEC. Here's what the firm recommends.
How value investing grows your nest egg
RetireMentors: Kenneth Roberts explains several common metrics for measuring a stock's valuation.
• What millennials can teach boomers
• Profit by suspending Social Security
InBev faces antitrust hurdle if it goes after SABMiller
Anheuser-Bush InBev is feeling out banks for financing a run at SABMiller, they best also have their antitrust lawyers on speed dial.
• AB InBev seeking to finance SABMiller deal?
• Heineken rebuffs SABMiller overture
• How investors can tap into the beer wars
Germany ZEW Sept. current conditions 25.4 vs. 44.3 in August
German Sept. ZEW economic expectations 6.9 vs 8.9 in August
U.K. pound steady at $1.6172 after in-line inflation reading
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner