London Markets Close in:
Commentary: Remember, experts also said Brazil would win the World Cup, writes Brett Arends.
• 10 things home-improvement stores won’t say
• Promotions drive sales for retailers in June
Chinese man builds own Tesla-charging network
• China charges Glaxo's foreign investigators
10 cars Americans don’t really want to buy
• Alfa Romeo 4C marks return of the driver’s car
• Mercedes-Benz classics auctioned in Stuttgart
Sheldon Adelson, Warren Buffett agree on one thing
• Martin O'Malley: anti-Hillary stealth candidate
The best, worst and most bizarre new fancy foods
• A Scotch to drink on the golf course
10 things life insurance agents won’t tell you
• Citigroup, Mylan jump; Newmont falls
• Alcoa in $1.1 billion jet-engine deal with Pratt
• Gold falls after recent run-up | Oil choppy
• eBay to stream Sotheby's auctions live
• Euro-zone industrial outputs slumps in May
• European stocks gain for 2nd day; Shire rises
• How to avoid another Malaysia Flight 370
• Tracy Morgan sues Wal-Mart over fatal crash
• Asian Stocks: Markets end broadly higher
FOCUS ON M&a
• Abbott Labs to sell unit to Mylan for $5.3 billion
• Shire to recommend AbbVie’s $53 billion offer
• Whiting Pete agrees to buy Kodiak Oil & Gas
• Aecom to acquire URS in $6 billion deal
• Lindt to buy Russell Stover Candies
Pact doesn’t absolve Citi of criminal charges
Live blog of Citigroup's call with analysts, plus the Department of Justice discusses the $7 billion settlement..
• Citi to pay $7 bln to resolve mortgage probe
• Behind the scenes of Citi’s $7 billion settlement
• 6 big-bank stocks with the best prospects
• See these 22 possible earning-season gems
3 reasons why big investors are betting on housing
There’s a lot that’s holding back U.S. home sales and construction. But big investors say the recovery hasn’t petered out.
Secret Service ‘stressed’ by Obama
Obama ventures outside the White House, Republicans split with Palin over impeachment, Barra back to the Hill.
How stocks did in first 2,000 days of Obama
You'll be surprised by how Wall Street's performance during the Obama regime compares with prior presidents.
• Tech, bank earnings to test economic recovery
• Bull market has longer to run, readers say
Germany is Europe’s real concern this week
If Monday's data are any gauge, this could be a rough week. German investor confidence is forecast to have fallen for a seventh-straight month.
Bicycle vacations: boomers’ latest trend
As people over 50 opt for more active and adventurous vacations, two-wheelers are becoming a preferred vehicle to see the world.
• 5 ways bicycling can make or save you money
• 5 off-season trips worth taking
10 can’t-fail lessons of diversification
RetireMentors: Put your eggs in a multitude of baskets, writes Paul A. Merriman.
• Have you talked retirement with your spouse?
U.S. stocks will be ‘disappointing’ for next 10 years
Commentary: Equities have been overvalued for some time, six gauges show, writes Mark Hulbert.
Here’s where indexing breaks down
Trading Deck: More fund managers are relying on index funds, primarily through ETFs, but there are less risky ways to get the same exposure, says Kirk Spano.
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner