‘Umbrella Revolution’ risk to Hong Kong economy
The massive wave of pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong may deliver a hard blow to the territory’s economy, and even all of China, analysts say.
• Hong Kong stocks slide for fourth day
• Hong Kong on edge as protests grow
• Democracy protests in pictures
Zuckerberg adds $15 billion to his net worth
‘Tesla of dealers’ scores Morgan Stanley approval
Four things to consider before a second marriage
• Actor George Clooney marries in Venice
• College graduates likelier to stay married
Indian prime minister courts U.S. CEOs
• Wall Street’s Indian elite form a club of giving
10 things Starbucks won’t tell you about your coffee
Can Yahoo grow its core business post-Alibaba?
• What Alibaba’s U.S. listing will do for China
• Alibaba buys stake in Chinese hotel-tech firm
• Alibaba buzz: Options start trading Monday
• Alibaba sues blogger over critical posts
• News Corp to buy Move Inc. for $950 million
• Ford, Walgreen report earnings Tuesday
• Next drops in London | European stocks gain
• Eurozone inflation hits five-year low
• Apple’s Irish tax deal broke rules: EU
• China's stocks come back to life
• Home-price growth seen slowing
• U.K. data overhaul shows stronger economy
• Gold back to losing ways on dollar strength
• China clears Apple iPhone 6 for sale
• Venezuela's bolivar drops to new low
• GoPro shares surge; new camera unveiled
Is this the correction we’ve been waiting for?
Trading Deck: The current technical setup is similar to one earlier this year, right before the ECB stepped in and pumped up equities, says L.A. Little.
• Expect bigger, badder stock market bubbles
RetireMentors: The pundits will tell you that the markets’ biggest crashes come in October. Don’t buy it, says Amit Chopra.
Hussman sees ‘ingredients of a market crash’
Noted bear sees divergence of market forces among prospective crash contributors.
• Deutsche Bank sees next 5% S&P move as up
• Jeff Reeves: This can’t be a stock bubble
• Rough waters for junk bonds sink big debt deal
One very shocking wildlife stat
The Earth's human population has just about doubled from 1970 to reach more than 7 billion people worldwide currently. But what has happened to the planet's wildlife?
Chinese factories show no change: HSBC
A private gauge of activity in China's manufacturing sector shows no change in September following a notable slowdown in August.
• Yuan may join select group of currencies
• Japan’s economy fragile ahead of tax decision
• Japan industrial output falls in August
Corporate debt feels heat from Pimco outflows
With billions of dollars fleeing Pimco, corporate debt and derivatives are feeling the most impact.
• Billions fly out the door at Pimco
• Pimco withdrawals fears overdone: analysts
• Jaffe: Should you leave Pimco too?
Ford Europe to book
$1.2 billion pretax loss for 2014
Trouble in Russia weighs on Europe results, while Asia is expected to produce a $700 million profit.
Ted Cruz 90% sure he’ll run for president
An adviser to Ted Cruz says a presidential run by the Texas Republican senator is likely.
Bill Gross is the smartest guy in the room at Janus
Commentary: He left the stellar Pimco for a small and struggling fund firm, writes Phil van Doorn.
Bank of America fined for overstating capital
SEC says bank violated internal controls and record-keeping procedures.
• Analyst charged by SEC with insider trading
What to look for in Walgreen’s earnings
Looking for updates on pharmacy reimbursements and generic pricing.
Copycat technology is the next big thing
Opinion: When companies mature, innovation slows and replication begins, writes Marek Fuchs.
What you really pay in 401(k), IRA fees
RetireMentors: The majority of 401(k) savers believe they don’t pay any fees in their plan; most of them are wrong, as Kenneth Roberts explains.
• The No. 1 flaw in biggest U.S. 401(k) plans
• Why aren't 401(k) and IRA balances bigger?
• 10 things retirees won’t tell you
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner