Tokyo Markets Close in:
to 3-day cease-fire
• Russell Brand zings Hannity for Gaza show
• Obama-Netanyahu ‘transcript’ fuels uproar
• Commentary: Gaza could be economic oasis
How restaurants trick you into spending more
• Darden plans $500 million share buyback
Parents, you’re paying for college in the wrong way
• 3 pet medication scams and how to stop them
I complained online — and got back $1,200
• 10 things consumers complain about most
10 things winemakers
won’t tell you
A state-by-state map of foreclosure inventory
• 2 new reverse-mortgage rules for couples
World Cup’s biggest corporate winners, whiners
• Adidas warns on profit, cites Russia and golf
• Asia stock quotes | Hong Kong shares fall
• After Hours: Tesla, GoPro stocks slump
• GoPro's revenue up, but shares fall
• Mobileye prices IPO above range
• Obamacare costs will rise 4% in California
• July car sales reach for an 8-year high
• Chicago exec kills self after shooting CEO
• T-Mobile shares surge on Iliad interest
• Synchrony off to lackluster start in stock debut
• What to look for in Procter & Gamble earnings
• Apple to cut 200 jobs at Beats
• CIA apologizes for spying on Senate staffers
• Ebola crisis in Africa deepens
What to watch in July jobs report
The U.S. had added at least 200,000 jobs a month for five straight months and the streak is expected to extend to six in July, suggesting the economy is on its firmest footing since the Great Recession ended in mid-2009.
• First Take: Wage gains could force Fed to hike
• Chicago PMI sees biggest drop since 2008
China factory activity improves
Though HSBC's China manufacturing PMI is revised lower, both it and the official version of the index show improvement.
• Papa John's China store closed on food safety
• China average home prices fall for third month
• Australia wholesale prices slip
aims at consumers
Furniture maker Herman Miller's purchase of Design Within Reach is a key step in its transition to a "lifestyle brand."
• Analysts divided on Target's new CEO
Tilting toward bonds as you age could be the wrong move
Analysis: Research suggests we boost stock allocation as retirement nears, reports Bob Powell.
• Treasurys swing higher as investors sweat
When to claim Social Security
RetireMentors: Educated guess at longevity is an important first step, says Jeffrey B. Miller.
• Social Security is in crisis
• 'Set it and forget it' retirement plans
This marijuana stock is 900% higher and
Analysis: Cannabis Sativa CEO calls potential “staggering,” writes Phil van Doorn.
• Risk-reward not favoring long-only speculator
Who raised those white flags in Brooklyn?
Rev. Bud Green, who claims responsibility for the white flags over the Brooklyn Bridge, is one motivated stoner.
• Colorado rollout of legal marijuana a success
How Bill Ackman says sorry
Hedge-fund billionaire acknowledges his public expose of Herbalife was a failure.
Not all Vanguard funds are equal
RetireMentors: Vanguard’s Small Cap Value Index is excellent, but there’s a better choice, says Paul Merriman.
• Beware side effects from a target fund cure-all
World’s unluckiest poker player
If you've ever missed out on a pot because your three-of-a-kind lost to a gut-shot straight at the river, Connor Drinan is playing a tiny violin for you.
but snobby cities
Website ranks these cities as the snobbiest in America, based on some high-flying metrics.
• A city-by-city look at home prices in May
China HSBC PMI revised down to 51.7 vs. 52 flash read
Australia dollar falls below 93 U.S. cents
Australia producer prices fall 0.1% in second quarter
Hong Kong H-shares index down 1.1% at 11,005.62
Hong Kong's Hang Seng opens down 0.7% at 24,594.23
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner