• Family Dollar fights billionaires at the gate
• 22 possible earnings-season gems
• European firms to show stronger profit growth
• Trading Deck: Earnings caution
Wells Fargo earnings: Here’s what to expect
• Alcoa's profit margin cheers Wall Street
• New exchange-traded note bets on women
Uninsured higher in ‘red’ states post-Obamacare
• Celgene's arthritis drug fails a test; stock up
• Another fed contract for Obamacare contractor
Foreign home buyers flock to properties in the U.S.
• 10 U.S. cities with most foreign-company jobs
Smartphone dependency fuels other addictions
World Cup 2014: Argentina to face Germany in final
• German win over Brazil breaks Twitter records
• Don't worry: Brazil is going to be just fine
• Adidas offers $102 mln to Manchester Utd.
10 companies that own nearly all the food
These conglomerates are responsible for almost all the processed food, candy and beverages stocked on supermarket shelves.
• Kim Kardashian critiques PepsiCo CEO Nooyi
• PC sales record slight worldwide growth
• Oil futures slide as Libya boosts oil production
• French industrial output drops unexpectedly
• French consumer prices stable in June
• Burberry: Currency losses to hit profit
• Tesla may benefit from China tax break
• Man surrenders, accused of killing six in Texas
• Obama urges Congress to pass border bill
• Ex-New Orleans mayor sentenced to 10 years
• Gasoline prices set to curb economic growth?
• Dow, S&P 500 rise again after Fed minutes
Chinese hackers access key U.S. data
Digital intruders have accessed a sensitive U.S. network containing federal employees' personal data, the NYT reports.
• China's exports come in on the weak side
• Japan machine orders see worst plunge ever
• Indonesian elections: Both candidates claim win
• Typhoon hits Japan’s main Kyushu Island
If ever the market flashed a ‘sell’ signal, it’s now
Insight: If you’ve studied bear markets, you know how this story will end, writes Michael Sincere.
Another sign the bull market is nearing its end
Commentary: Companies no longer want to buy their own shares, a worrisome sign, writes Mark Hulbert.
Lerner emailed IRS workers to be cautious over email
Former IRS official Lois Lerner warned her agency colleagues in 2013 to "be cautious" about what they say in emails — in an email.
Boehner disagrees with Palin on Obama
Speaker shoots down Sarah Palin's call to impeach the president.
• Boehner’s lawsuit against Obama takes shape
• Obama in Colorado: pot and a horse mask
Far from Wall Street, an inflation dove flies
Here's why economist Lacy Hunt is sticking to a view that inflation is set to fall, even as Wall Street firms raise their forecasts.
American teens not able to read a pay slip
Latest PISA study on financial literacy finds teens are not exactly financially-savvy.
• Paying bills for adult kids? Try tough love
U.S. vs. Europe, in one chart
A popular market gauge of the relative fortunes of U.S. and Europe hits a 15-year high.
• Das: ECB needs better plan for the economy
• ECB Praet: TLTRO will break vicious circle
• Marsh: Awkward time for ECB transparency
Cupcakes are what’s wrong with America
Commentary: Al Lewis is glad Crumbs is folding, but he doesn’t think it’s the end of the era of narcissism.
The secret of why these 10 funds beat indexers
The more active stock-picking that mutual fund managers do, the better their long-run return, writes Conrad de Aenlle.
• Gunderson: Solving mystery of asset allocation
6 companies set to report huge earnings gains
Analysis: The weather-related slump appears to be giving way to a profit rebound for U.S. corporations, writes Phil van Doorn.
• Dow 17,000 is on the wrong side of history
• Today's bubbles aren't like those of the past
Japan's Topix closes 0.9% lower at 1,259.25
Japan's Nikkei Average ends down 0.6% at 15,216.47
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner