Tokyo Markets Close in:
• 3 pet medication scams and how to stop them
How restaurants trick you into spending more
I complained online — and got back $1,200
• 10 things consumers complain about most
A state-by-state map of foreclosure inventory
• 2 new reverse-mortgage rules for couples
Meet World Cup’s biggest corporate winners, whiners
• Adidas warns on profit, cites Russia and golf
7 ways to love your boss as you do yourself
10 things winemakers
won’t tell you
• Expedia | LinkedIn | GoPro | Sony
• What to look for with Procter & Gamble
Need to know
• Obamacare costs will rise 4% in California
• Mobileye prices IPO above range
• Synchrony off to lackluster start in stock debut
• Apple to cut 200 jobs at Beats
• CIA apologizes for spying on Senate staffers
• Ebola crisis in Africa deepens
• Chicago exec kills self after shooting CEO
• First Take: Wage gains could force Fed to hike
• Chicago PMI sees biggest drop since 2008
Israel and Hamas agree to a 72-hour humanitarian ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki- moon announce.
• Russell Brand zings Hannity for Gaza show
• Obama-Netanyahu ‘transcript’ fuels uproar
• Commentary: Gaza could be economic oasis
Tilting toward bonds as you age could be the wrong move
Analysis: Research suggests we boost stock allocation as retirement nears, reports Bob Powell.
• Treasurys swing higher as investors sweat
When to claim Social Security
RetireMentors: Educated guess at longevity is an important first step, says Jeffrey B. Miller.
• Social Security is in crisis
• 'Set it and forget it' retirement plans
Risk-reward ratio isn’t favoring long-only speculator
Trading Deck: Rarity of positive pattern set-ups is a message for traders, says Kevin Marder.
• Howard Gold: Dump these investments now
This marijuana stock is 900% higher and
Analysis: Cannabis Sativa CEO calls potential “staggering,” writes Phil van Doorn.
• Kraft shares turn negative for the year
Who raised those white flags in Brooklyn?
Rev. Bud Green, who claims responsibility for the white flags over the Brooklyn Bridge, is one motivated stoner.
• Colorado rollout of legal marijuana a success
Argentina is effectively in default
A trustee in charge of some of Argentina's debt says a payment had not been made on the bonds, effectively putting the country in default.
• Argentine stocks plunge after default
• Your mutual fund may own Argentina bonds
• Did you miss this boom in foreign stocks?
How Bill Ackman says sorry
Hedge-fund billionaire acknowledges his public expose of Herbalife was a failure.
Not all Vanguard funds are equal
RetireMentors: Vanguard’s Small Cap Value Index is an excellent fund but there’s an even better choice in the Vanguard suite, says Paul Merriman.
• Beware side effects from a target fund cure-all
World’s unluckiest poker player
If you've ever missed out on a pot because your three-of-a-kind lost to a gut-shot straight at the river, Connor Drinan is playing a tiny violin for you.
but snobby cities
Website ranks these cities as the snobbiest in America, based on some high-flying metrics.
• A city-by-city look at home prices in May
Australia dollar falls below 93 U.S. cents
Australia producer prices fall 0.1% in second quarter
Hong Kong H-shares index down 1.1% at 11,005.62
Hong Kong's Hang Seng opens down 0.7% at 24,594.23
China's official PMI rises to 51.7 in July vs. 51 in June
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 down 1.2% at 5,567.50 early
Japan's Topix down 0.7% at 1,280.19 in early moves
Japan's Nikkei Average opens down 0.7% at 15,511.54
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner