New York Markets Close in:
6 countries U.S. airlines won’t fly over
Eastern Ukraine, site of MH17 disaster, joined by Crimean Peninsula and others around globe.
• U.S. Airways cancels Tel Aviv flight: AP
• Delta suspends flights to and from Tel Aviv
• Why your next flight could be over a war zone
• MH17 black boxes are in ‘good condition’
• News stream: Latest on Malaysia MH17 crash
Everything in your house is getting cheaper to buy
• Consumer prices rise as gas prices jump
Why a supersize iPhone
is a big risk for Apple
• Apple to suppliers: Gear up for next iPhone
• Earnings: iPhone, Beats, IBM deal are key
• Apple options traders unwilling to roll the dice
• Apple averages18% gain after 3Q earnings
• iPhone 6 better be waterproof (24/7 Wall St.)
Sales of existing homes hit fastest pace in 8 months
The housing market’s recovery hasn’t petered out, latest data signals.
• U.S. home prices rise 0.4% in May, FHFA says
• Existing-home sales rise 2.6% in June
And America’s most-hated social media company is…
Cruise lines want you to bring your baby on board
• Cruise industry woos solo travelers
• Cruise lines with the best, worst tipping policies
• Do cruise lines have a crime problem?
• 10 things cruise lines won’t tell you
• Chipotle, CIT, Apache surge; Herbalife falls
• Coca-Cola shares hit by weak revenue, outlook
• Detroit pension holders OK city debt-cutting plan
• EU looks at toughening sanctions on Russia
• Saudi Arabia to open stock market to foreigners
• Guilty verdict for student in Boston bomb trial
• Prince George celebrates his first birthday
Why white bread prices keep declining
A grocery-aisle price war may have precipitated this race to the bottom.
Ackman makes his case against Herbalife
Activist investor Bill Ackman lays out case that Herbalife will collapse.
• Herbalife CFO fights back vs. Ackman
• Follow MarketWatch live stream for all the latest
Netflix price hike isn’t stifling signups
First Take: Streaming company has learned from its last price-rise snafu.
• Netflix earnings surge on subscriber growth
• Netflix confirms $1-a-month price hike
James Garner’s 10 best ‘Rockford’ episodes
These episodes are notable examples of Garner’s performance as the smart, somewhat cynical but basically kind-hearted Los Angeles private eye.
Shorter workweek could mean better work
Billionaire Carlos Slim advocates a three-day workweek, saying it would boost our quality of life. It might be good for the economy, too.
• You may be getting too much sleep, not too little
Hedge fund dodged $6 billion in taxes
Renaissance Technologies used structured financial products purchased from Barclays and Deutsche Bank to avoid more than $6 billion in taxes, according to a Senate report.
• Weidner on Wall Street backlash and 2016
• Judge tosses out one Obamacare lawsuit
3 taxes it’s OK to hate
Nobody likes to pay taxes, but these three are particularly unfair, writes columnist Bill Bischoff.
The real difference with jobs grads get
College grads are getting the same kind of jobs they did before the Great Recession. But these graduates aren't seeing the same pay.
• Women executives pay price for diversity
• New apps let you rate your coworkers
What to look for in Microsoft earnings
Business is improving under CEO Nadella, Now is strategy is likely to face closer scrutiny.
6 books Bill Gates wants you to read this summer
Microsoft founder has recommended books on business, finance and Obamacare — as well as a romantic comedy.
• Gates’s, Buffett’s favorite business book
Best marijuana stocks to buy right now
Commentary: Marijuana is going to be huge growth industry, but that doesn't mean you should buy a hyped-up weed-related penny stock, says Cody Willard.
• Marijuana is a booming boomer business
AMD turnaround hits a snag
Opinion: Chip maker is taking its time in the move away from PCs, writes Therese Poletti.
4 reasons you need long-term care insurance
RetireMentors: A couple retiring in 2014 can expect to pay $240,000 in health-care costs during retirement, says Stephen Williams.
• Feel invincible? Time to look at risk
• To get the right annuity, start at the finish line
• How to avoid some major 401(k) mistakes
Why are the BRICS starting a bank?
Commentary: There are lots of questions about why Beijing is backing the new development bank, notes David Marsh. Here are the answers.
U.S. FAA bars flights to Tel Aviv for 24 hours: WSJ
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner