SmartMoney Blogs

Pay Dirt
A daily look at what we buy, how we spend, and the companies that do right - and wrong - by their customers.

Lovers Value Dream House Over Dream Spouse

iStockphoto

It may not be possible to put a price on love, but the square footage and location of where that love story takes place is a different story. Many couples take their potential partner’s apartment into account before entering into a relationship, according to a new study, and are reluctant to pack their bags if the relationship breaks up.

Real estate apparently holds value better than relationships. Given the choice between their dream home and a perfect spouse, 30% of the 1,000 Americans surveyed said they would choose the dream home, according to a survey by Rent.com and RedShift Research. And some 22% of single people would date someone strictly because they like their home.

In fact, nearly 25% of Americans value one thing more than freedom from a broken relationship: a nice apartment – and 37% of them would wait a year or more to move out. Men are even more likely to stay in a relationship – 28% admitted to delaying a break-up to keep their current living situation versus 21% of women, the survey says.

The older people get, the less value they put on property over freedom. Some 40% of those between 18-34 years of age stay put despite a failed romance versus 22% for those between 35-54 years of age and 17% for those 55 and over. Christina Aragon, director of strategy at Rent.com, advises setting a deadline for moving out and, for those with extra cash, “Hire a moving company to help.”

Tight finances also play a role in couples staying put, studies show. “The Survey of Marital Generosity” by the National Marriage Project at the University of Virginia recently concluded that 38% of couples that had been considering divorce prior to the recession put those plans on hold – even if it means they are less likely to meet someone new.

Couples also stay together for social and financial reasons, experts say. “If a couple can live together amicably and have separate bedrooms, I don’t see a problem with that,” says Jacqueline Whitmore, founder of EtiquetteExpert.com. She says people prioritize finance over romance, especially in the aftermath of the recession.

Comments

We welcome thoughtful comments from readers. Please comply with our guidelines. Our blogs do not require the use of your real name.

Comments (4 of 4)

• By WebOsPublisher

Sony Ericsson :: W810 Theme And Icon Creator
      Home
      Scripts
      Tutorials
      Tracker
      Forums
      Advanced Search
      HOME
      TRACKER
      Mobiles
      Advertisements:
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Theme And Icon Creator
      does any one have the theme creator and icon maker for my phone? give me the link
      View 3 Replies (Posted: 2006-07-16 10:48)
      Sponsored Links:
      Related Forum Messages For Mobiles category:
      Sony Ericsson :: Change Icons In Theme Creator?
      Sony Ericsson :: K800i – Resizing Pictures For Theme Creator
      Sony Ericsson :: W950i – Animated Wallpaper / Theme Creator
      Sony Ericsson :: Theme Creator App To Download For C905a
      Nokia :: Theme Creator For 5800
      Sony Ericsson :: New Version Of Themes Creator
      Sony Ericsson :: RARE S500 Theme Modding / Looking For A Theme
      Sony Ericsson :: K550i – Ringtone Creator / Looking For BitPim
      Sony Ericsson :: New Linux Version Of Themes Creator Tool
      Sony Ericsson :: SE Themes Creator Doesnt Support Vivaz
      Sony Ericsson :: Flashing W810
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 V W595
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Flashing
      Sony Ericsson :: Want To Buy SONY W810 Even Though Discontinued
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Want To Modded Phone With Xs++
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 How Do You Remove Case?
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – How To Upload Patch Using XS++?
      Sony Ericsson :: Help With W810 Modem Installation
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Need Engineering Code?
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Possible To Flash To W610?
      Sony Ericsson :: Need A Few Flash Menu For W810?
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Phone Debranded Using XS 2
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 / Music Mod
      Sony Ericsson :: Flashing Fw K810 On W810
      Sony Ericsson :: Layout Request For W810?
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Will Not Boot After Flashing
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Camera Not Working?
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – With W610 Housing Possible?
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Need Menu.ml Backup?
      Sony Ericsson :: Change Icons In Theme Creator?
      how do i change the icons on the theme creator se theme creator?
      Posted: 02-05-2009 02:49 PM
      View 2 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: K800i – Resizing Pictures For Theme Creator
      Hi, i’ve just downloaded the theme creator for my SE K800i. However, I cant seem to get pictures the right size to fit my phone (e.g 240×320). Whenever I put them into the theme creator they’re either too big or too small. How do you resize pictures so they will fit?
      Posted: 02-03-2007 07:31 AM
      View 3 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W950i – Animated Wallpaper / Theme Creator
      I’ve been SE W950i, in specification told that the phone have animated wallpaper. I use theme creator with animated, I installed in my phone but I don’t see an animated wallpaper on my phone, why can do that, or any something wrong.
      Posted: 08-29-2007 02:20 PM
      View 1 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: Theme Creator App To Download For C905a
      Does anyone know if the theme creator app. that you can download from the site is compatible with the C905a. I have windows vista and I could not download my theme that I had created either by USB connection or Bluetooth.
      Posted: Dec 1, 2010 1:46 PM
      View 14 Replies!
      Nokia :: Theme Creator For 5800
      can anybody tell me whether there is any theme creator s/w for 5800.
      Posted: 30-Sep-2009
      View 7 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: New Version Of Themes Creator
      I installed the new version of SE themes creator, and I was wondering if it is possible to somehow extract .jpg and .gif files from downloaded themes?
      Posted: 2006-06-04 17:51
      View 6 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: RARE S500 Theme Modding / Looking For A Theme
      I was wondering if it was possible to mod themes such as the S500 theme Day and Night so that it always displays the flash animations (desktop wallpaper and flash menu) that are automatically shown in the evening and throughout the night. More importantly, after searching Esato and the web to some extent I couldn’t find the original blue Day and Night theme that comes with the S500 Steel Silver.I’ve lost it after flashing the phone and would very much like to retrieve it.I would be very grateful if someone would share it or indicate where it is available online.
      Posted: 2009-04-03 12:28
      View 6 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: K550i – Ringtone Creator / Looking For BitPim
      I’ve searched for an answer to my question, but all I have found has been relating to other models of SEs or just about flashing the K550i. I’m from the USA, but at the moment I am living abroad in Austria. I’ve got a prepaid T610, but I am about sign a contract and more than likely get a K550i. I have an iPod video, so don’t tell me to get a Walkman phone.I had an LG VX9800 and an LG VX9900 and with those phones, I used a program called BitPim to create ringtones and stuff for it. Just took a raw mp3 and BitPim did the formatting after I set the time stamps for the ringtone. Now are there any programs out there for the K550i that can get the same job done? I’ve searched, but no luck. I know the phone has some kind of ringtone creator, but it seems like you have to do the composing yourself or whatever and I’d rather just take a few songs from my iPod and then turn them into tones.
      Posted: 11-17-2007 09:57 AM
      View 5 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: New Linux Version Of Themes Creator Tool
      Sony Ericsson’s popular Themes Creator tool is now available as a Linux version in both English and Chinese, adding to the existing Windows and OS X versions.More:sefanatics.com/software/n…-creator-tool/
      Posted: 12-01-2007 03:52 AM
      View 2 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: SE Themes Creator Doesnt Support Vivaz
      The themes creator from the SE website doesnt seem to support Vivaz. I downloaded the software, but when i was finally able to create a theme, my Vivaz doesn recognize files with extensions ".thm" and ".utz"… the SE Vivaz is not in the drop down menu for the choices of the model where i can apply the theme.
      Posted: Nov 5, 2010 5:24 PM
      View 1 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: Flashing W810
      I have debranded W810, but want to change the language set. Can I just flash it with FS and custom pack without the MAIN firmware or both FS and MAIN have to be flashed together? I’m thinking of avoiding reflashing the Main firmware as it will (?) speed up the process…
      Posted: 01-26-2007 09:45 AM
      View 2 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 V W595
      I don’t know why a phone that was created 4 years ago (2006) takes better than my w595 (2009) Is there any firmware or update that can help to my phone to take better photos?
      Posted: 2010-06-16 22:06
      View 7 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Flashing
      Im at the last part where i flash back my original firmware R4EA031. Thing is when I unbranded my phone, my buddy helped me, so I dont have the mbn file. Anyone know where I can get this? I tried topsony but it I have to wait a month before I could download.
      Posted: 04-30-2007 12:18 AM
      View 2 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: Want To Buy SONY W810 Even Though Discontinued
      I’m looking to buy a SONY w810 for my 12-year old as it seems it’s pretty solidly built and has a great feature-set.  I’m also looking to add him to my existing family account.  The phone is still listed for $69 at our local ATT store but they have told us its being discontinued and there are literally none in the area. Is there any way I can still get one of these from ATT from some other area of the country and have it sent to my location (Buffalo, NY)?  Surely there are some in the pipeline that have not been sold. I’ve tried to get onto support chat but it seems like its always full.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanx in advance.
      Posted: 09-18-2007
      View 4 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Want To Modded Phone With Xs++
      I really want to modded my phone with xs++ but it always failed open. Maybe it’s because my software version is R4EA031. Is there anyway to solve this problem? Without downgrade my software version or maybe there is a new xs++ version that fix this?
      Posted: 2007-09-30 15:46
      View 10 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 How Do You Remove Case?
      I tried searching but I came up with nothing. I have a new case for my w810i. How do I go about replacing it? I read a while back it was not intuitive.
      Posted: 05-19-2007 02:43 PM
      View 5 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – How To Upload Patch Using XS++?
      I’ve been searching but couldn’t find any info on how to upload patches using xs++ (I believe it’s possible,right?) I’ve only seen instructions for far manager/sefp. Does anyone know how to do it or have a link with instructions? I’d like to use xs++ ’cause I’m comfortable and have used it in the past.
      Posted: 01-15-2008 03:59 PM
      View 3 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: Help With W810 Modem Installation
      Now, i wonna connect my pc to the internet using my w810′s modem with my service provider. I understand how all the settings is done coz i can connect with my w800 perfectly.My problem is when i connect my w810, my pc doesn’t recognise the modem. i’m using xp-2. is there any other way to install the modem?someone please help.
      Posted: 2008-10-13 17:19
      View 1 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Need Engineering Code?
      Is there any engineering code for W810i?
      Posted: 2007-12-09 19:20
      View 1 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Possible To Flash To W610?
      I was wondering if its possible to flash a W810 to a W610? I know the camera is a little different because of the no AF on the 610 but still thought I’d ask just in case, would really like the new walkman 2.0.
      Posted: 05-08-2007 12:30 PM
      View 2 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: Need A Few Flash Menu For W810?
      I’m looking to get a few flash menue. I’m looking for Robot, Black Active Desktop, and Backstreet. I tried getting them off this site. ismoe.freehostia.com/flashmenu176x220/index.php but they didn’t work, one of the files was corrupted (The Dance theme worked though). Anyways if anyone has the ones I’m looking for, I’d greatly appreciate it!
      Posted: 06-29-2007 01:44 PM
      View 7 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – Phone Debranded Using XS 2
      I recently de-branded my gf’s W810 with PhoneXS 2 A-3. I used W810_R4EA031_MAIN_GENERIC_HN_RED49 andW810_R4ED001_FS_AMERICA_2_RED49with AMERICAS_2 customizationEverything was working great, but then she wanted Chinese. SO then I reflashedW810_R4EA031_MAIN_GENERIC_HN_RED49 andW810_R4ED001_FS_HONG_KONG_RED49with HONG_KONG customizationAfter 12 hours the phone is done and working, but not in Chinese. When Chinese phone language is selected, all the menus are in little squares. What did I do wrong?
      Posted: 01-22-2007 08:42 AM
      View 2 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 / Music Mod
      Is there a way to upgrade the Walkman player on this phone to the newer version?
      Posted: 08-19-2007 03:43 PM
      View 5 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: Flashing Fw K810 On W810
      Is it possible? someone has tried to do it?
      Posted: 2009-02-04 11:34
      View 7 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: Layout Request For W810?
      Anybody have a layout for w810 with time $ date move to right up (under the battery) ? and without operator n scrool, please..[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2008-11-29 08:24 ]
      Posted: 2008-11-29 09:19
      View 1 Replies!
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Will Not Boot After Flashing
      just flashed my w810i i used the correct software and i backed up the gdfs first but my phone is now sayingconfiguration error. please contact your network operator or service provider.
      Posted: 2009-01-12 22:50
      View 4 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Camera Not Working?
      Has anybody had any problems with the camera not working on the w810. It worked fine until a couple of months ago. I can push the camera button and the camera will come on but it will not snap the picture.
      Posted: 05-01-2008 01:52 AM
      View 3 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 – With W610 Housing Possible?
      I’d like to give my W810 a facelift and I really like the look of the W610. I know the phones have different dimensions, but was wondering if it might still be possible to put a W610 housing on the W810. Has anyone tried this? If it’s not possible, what other housing options do I have?
      Posted: 05-30-2008 07:22 PM
      View 2 Replies!
      View Related
      Sony Ericsson :: W810 Need Menu.ml Backup?
      I need the original menu.ml backup for my W810 phone. I’m going to modify the menu icons, and I want to make sure to have a backup before doing it. I just have a few questions. I’m a bit afraid of flashing my phone, because I read that if not done properly, I could kill my phone. What problems could I face when flashing? Is it just like (or similar to) updating the phone using Update Service.
      Posted: 12-20-2007 09:01 PM