New York Markets Close in:
• Ebola treatment won’t reach market soon
• Ebola prevention tips from the CDC
• ‘We can out-doctor Ebola’: Reddit forum
Restaurants find their baggage fee: It’s water
10 rental markets with the very worst returns
• Most overvalued, undervalued home markets
• San Francisco: case study in housing cool-off
• Newton, Mass., tops best U.S. cities to live in
Medicare open enrollment: It pays to get it right
These commodities ETFs can seed your portfolio Commentary: Most commodity ETFs are long an index and aren’t designed for traders, writes Dave Fry, who singles out two funds that fit the bill.
Hong Kong protests ...
as seen by mainlanders
• Hong Kong government to wait out protesters
• Stephen: China’s Hong Kong democracy crisis
Trading Strategies: Revving up car stocks Full report here
• Buying Tesla, a market wild card
• Auto-parts stocks bearish on auto makers
• Is GM's bad news in the rear-view mirror?
Boomers vs. Millennials: Investing and saving
• European Central Bank keeps rates steady
• Constellation Brands profit, sales miss views
• Twitter lifted to overweight by J.P. Morgan
• ‘Angry Birds’ maker cutting 16% of workforce
• Tablet market is reaching saturation: Citi
• Allianz CEO Diekmann to leave in May
• Bankrupt city can adjust pension payments
• Microsoft offers first peek of Windows 10
• Zombies in love are coming to social media
ECB live blog: Draghi under pressure
The ECB leaves rates unchanged, but watch for 'private QE' details at Mario Draghi's news conference.
• Draghi’s opening statement
• Draghi: ECB needs to take a tip from Hercules
• Draghi comments give the euro a boost
5 things to know about the Wayfair IPO
The online furniture retailer prices its offering above the indicated range to raise $319 million.
• Rocket Internet shares fall at debut
• Virgin Money plans £150 million IPO in London
10 companies that missed the mark on earnings
Deep Dive: These are the biggest earnings misses. Still, shares of three have beaten the S&P 500 Index this year, writes Phil van Doorn.
7 reasons GoPro stock is likely to get dented
Opinion: The shares probably can’t rise much further after tripling since June, writes Jeff Reeves.
Buffett buys his first car dealerships
Planes, trains and now automobiles for Warren Buffett as he enters the fragmented market with the acquisition of Vay Tuyl car dealership for an undisclosed sum.
Why John Boehner is wooing Jeb Bush
Boehner joins the list of those wanting a Bush 2016 candidacy. Plus, Holder-replacement choice narrows.
• Pierson exit doesn’t solve Secret Service woes
How Cramer called the big bond shake-up
RetireMentors: The reason “bond king” Bill Gross was destined to leave Pimco isn’t so hard to understand, says Mitch Tuchman.
• 4 better alternatives to Bill Gross and Pimco
• Why you should invest like Harvard
Geopolitical risks have multiplied, but markets have "remained buoyant, if not downright bubbly," says economist Nouriel Roubini, a.k.a. Dr. Doom. But that could change.
• Case for ignoring October market crash talk
• The Dow’s dive took out this key chart level
• Will Halloween Indicator keep the bear away?
7 tips for living well on a fixed income
RetireMentors: A focus on health can take the pressure off your budget, says Dan Barnabic.
You may still be able to cut last year’s taxes
If you extended your tax return to Oct. 15, it’s not too late to take advantage of these four tax-saving possibilities.
What you want instead of NYSE photos
MarketWatch chief Jeremy Olshan announces an end to photos of the NYSE trading floor. Instead, we're looking to your recommendations for alternatives.
• The last photo we’ll ever run of the NYSE
‘South Park’ lessons about startups
"South Park" rips on America’s startup and crowdfunding culture, laced with some truths.
6 cruises that will make you smarter
For some, a vacation is a time to kick back and relax. But for others, it’s a time to learn something new — be it oenology, Greek mythology or astronomy.
Lagarde: More action, less talk needed on Ebola
Lagarde: Global recovery brittle, uneven
Lagarde sees only modest pickup in 2015
IMF's Lagarde: Global growth weaker than thought
Lagarde: Growth may slow down in China, Asia
Lagarde: Financial sector excesses may be building
Lagarde calls for renewed effort to spur growth
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner