New York Markets Close in:
Insight: Mark Hulbert looks at the latest from Sam Eisenstadt, one of the best at calling the market.
• 10 good things you don’t know about Ferguson
• Ferguson and money: Where did the banks go?
• Ferguson’s rage has roots in China, Mexico
No more living on the wrong side of the tracks
This housing market is falling apart
Opinion: Most real-estate experts believe the housing market is roaring back. But, asks Michael Sincere, what if they’re wrong?
• City-by-city look at home prices: Slowing in S.F.
• Underwater mortgages hit property market
• China’s housing plunge sparks violent clashes
Active managers still losing ground : Vanguard expert
• Passive investing is now the mainstream
The most hated car company in America is...
• Guess who owns the world’s only purple Tesla?
• Google car may mean cheaper car insurance
Like to meet cheerleaders? There’s an app for that
• 5 apps for spying on your spouse
These companies won big at the Emmys
• 10 biggest Emmy snubs ever
• ‘Breaking Bad’, ‘Modern Family’ win at Emmys
• Highlights From 2014 Emmy Awards
• Snapchat racks up a $10 billion valuation
• Euro bounces back against dollar
• Michaels, Express leap; Smith & Wesson drops
• Russia plans to halt gas flow to EU: Ukraine
• German bond yields fall to record lows
• Miners lift FTSE 100 for second straight day
• Ryanair up, STMicro down: European movers
• Taiwan’s Apple plays lead Asian stock gains
• Allergan sets date for Valeant merger meeting
• Is Amazon's profitability a shell game?
How to protect against risk after S&P 2,000
Trading Deck: There is a potential gap down lurking for the Dow and S&P, so the time for putting stops to work to protect profits is here, writes Thomas H. Kee Jr.
• V-shaped rebounds have become the norm
• Chart that stock bulls don’t want you to see
• Bulls in no danger of running off a cliff
Fed is feeling political pressure about lack of jobs
Opinion: People are beginning to realize the Fed is the only Washington institution that can help them, writes Darrell Delamaide.
In a leaderless world, capitalists are taking control
Opinion: Paul B. Farrell lays out six stages to a world where the leaders are presidents of a company, not a nation.
Joe Biden heads to secret fundraisers
Joe Biden beats the drums at secret fundraisers, plus the farm bill as campaign fodder.
• ‘Iron is hot’ to act on tax inversions, Levin says
Four traps wrecking your retirement
There are many ways to undermine retirement savings, but these four traps are easy to avoid, says Paul Merriman.
• Estate-planning issues when age gap is large
Why Indian stocks are a buy right now
Opinion: Long-awaited economic reforms will propel economic growth for years, writes investment strategist Henry To.
Germany must soften as France falls apart
Opinion: Building tensions point to a schism among three main members of the EMU, says David Marsh.
• Scotland casts a chill on U.K. stocks
• Baltics are hidden gems, Lithuania a jewel
• Is it time to borrow euros?
• Don’t ignore the ‘buts’ in Draghi hints at QE
Mobileye is ‘iPhone moment’ for car industry
Analysts kick off coverage of the car-camera maker, saying the tech has the potential to disrupt the auto industry.
• Will driverless cars kill drivers’ ed?
• Car-hacking —the new carjacking?
California kill switch law seen going national
Manufacturers are expected to make anti-theft technology a default setting in all mobile phones.
How deal for Twitch will help Amazon
Twitch users spent 20 hours a week on the platform last year, equal to watching "Breaking Bad" one-and-a-half times.
• Amazon phones outsold by Jack White records
Civilization must declare war on radical Islamism
Opinion: Murder of journalist James Foley should trigger a new international strategy, says Amotz Asa-El.
• U.S. preps for surveillance flights over Syria
CBO: Fiscal 2014 deficit will be $506 billion
CBO raises 2014 deficit estimate by $14 billion
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner