London Markets Close in:
Calpers smacks down Icahn over Apple cash
Boomers take a career break to reflect, re-energize
A look at Ford Mustangs that never made it
• Best Ford Mustang models of the past 50 years
• 2015 Ford Mustang unveiled
Here’s what you’ll save by ditching cable TV
• Why cable TV bills are only going up
• I tried to cut the cable cord — and failed
• Netflix won’t dominate at $7.99 per month
• U.S. producer prices fall again in November
• U.S. stocks rise; Nasdaq back over 4,000
• Twitter, Adobe gain; Anadarko slides
• Anadarko liable for $5 bln over Kerr-McGee
• Qualcomm promotes Steve Mollenkopf to CEO
• Simon Property to spin off some malls into REIT
• Coke's Cahillane departs amid shake-up
• European Banking Authority warns on bitcoin
• Dollar touches 5-year high against yen
• Gold futures bounce off October low
• Ireland first country to exit EU bailout program
• North Korea: uncle of Kim Jong Un executed
Why crude prices ignore Iran
Iran won’t be flooding the world with oil. Rather, it will be consuming it, writes Amotz Asa-El.
• Global recovery is a sheep in wolf’s clothing
• Hulbert: Facebook in S&P 500 a mixed blessing
Millennials want to be boss, not boomers
Do boomers know something that millennials don’t?
• Meet Mary Barra, GM's newly appointed CEO
Many women don’t want to be CEO. That’s OK
Commentary: Women have the same opportunities as men — if they want to pursue them, writes Diana Furchtgott-Roth.
• Barra, Yellen and 13 other influential women
Rising odds on Ted Cruz 2016 bid
A fellow lawmaker says a White House bid by Ted Cruz is definite. Also: Stanley Fischer's 'insurgent' past, and Politifact's 'lie of the year' goes to ... President Obama.
• House easily passes budget pact
Amazon to take on Costco
The online retail giant will launch a new business next year that will specialize in consumer packaged goods, according to USA Today.
• What Amazon wants you to buy now (24/7)
• Amazon grocery delivery expands to S.F.
‘Hobbit’ stocks to watch
These stocks are plays on “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”, now hitting theaters.
• Second Hobbit movie poised for less popularity
Not just too big to fail, banks are too big. Period
Commentary: Letting the banks and Wall Street run everything is not only dangerous, it’s also inefficient, writes Rex Nutting.
- Loading more headlines...
Obamacare raised the cost of your kids’ braces
An annual cap on flexible spending accounts is increasing medical costs.
• Obamacare in California: More signups
• Obamacare cheat sheet for HealthCare.gov
10 states with the priciest colleges
State investment plays a big part in college costs. Here are the costliest 10 states.
• 10 states where college is most affordable
Best drivers may pay extra for car insurance
How poor credit scores can wreck your car insurance premiums.
• Meet Porsche’s new ‘tiger,’ the Macan
• Best high-end 2014 model cars
There are numerous ways to add a little spice to your portfolio. Taking advantage of timing is one.
• Making a big play for 2014 right now
• Tune up your portfolio for 2014
• Safe and steady ETFs for the new year
• 2014 stock picks from Barclays
• Deutsche Bank sees stocks up just 3% in 2014
• Trading Strategies: December »
Tesla’s Elon Musk
It’s not the 300% stock surge. Or the vanquishing of the short sellers. Or even the fanatical fan base. Rather, it’s the relentless drive with which Musk pursues his vision — and his willingness to take on not just challenges but laws of nature — that makes him MarketWatch’s CEO of the Year.
• MarketWatch CEO of the Year: Elon Musk
Year-end tax strategies
If you're retired, or soon will be, here are year-end tips to shrink your tax bill, including donations, deductions and Roth IRAs.
Gift cards may solve your holiday shopping problems but they're such big business they're attracting clever thieves.
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner