London Markets Close in:
Commentary: A wild scenario? Brett Arends reads Jeremy Grantham's latest and does the math
• U.S. home prices rise 0.4% in May, FHFA says
• Existing-home sales rise 2.6% in June
Why a supersize iPhone
is a big risk for Apple
• Apple to suppliers: Gear up for next iPhone
• Earnings: iPhone, Beats, IBM deal are key
• Apple options traders unwilling to roll the dice
• Apple averages18% gain after 3Q earnings
• iPhone 6 better be waterproof (24/7 Wall St.)
And America’s most-hated social media company is…
A shorter workweek may make you a better worker
• You may be getting too much sleep, not too little
6 books Bill Gates wants you to read this summer
• Gates’s, Buffett’s favorite business book
Cruise lines want you to bring your baby on board
• Cruise industry woos solo travelers
• Cruise lines with the best, worst tipping policies
• Do cruise lines have a crime problem?
• 10 things cruise lines won’t tell you
• Chipotle, CIT, Apache surge, Herbalife falls
• Coca-Cola shares hit by weak revenue, outlook
• Oil shares, ARM drive gains in Europe
• Detroit pension holders OK city debt-cutting plan
• EU looks at toughening sanctions on Russia
• Saudi Arabia to open stock market to foreigners
• Hong Kong stocks hit highest close this year
• Guilty verdict for student in Boston bomb trial
• MH17 black boxes are in ‘good condition’
• Prince George celebrates his first birthday
Hedge fund dodged $6 billion in taxes
Renaissance Technologies used structured financial products purchased from Barclays and Deutsche Bank to avoid more than $6 billion in taxes, according to a Senate report.
• Weidner on Wall Street backlash and 2016
• Judge tosses out one Obamacare lawsuit
Best marijuana stocks to buy right now
Commentary: Marijuana is going to be huge growth industry, but that doesn't mean you should buy a hyped-up weed-related penny stock, says Cody Willard.
• Marijuana is a booming boomer business
AMD turnaround hits a snag
Opinion: The chip maker’s move away from PCs is taking longer than anticipated, writes Therese Poletti.
3 taxes it’s OK to hate
Nobody likes to pay taxes, but these three are particularly unfair, writes columnist Bill Bischoff.
The real difference with jobs grads get
College grads are getting the same kind of jobs they did before the Great Recession. But these graduates aren't seeing the same pay.
• Women executives pay price for diversity
• New apps let you rate your coworkers
What to look for in Microsoft earnings
Business is improving under CEO Nadella, Now is strategy is likely to face closer scrutiny
6 countries U.S. airlines won’t fly over
FAA has widened guidance in the wake of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17's crash in Ukraine.
• Why your next flight could be over a war zone
• NEWS STREAM: Latest on Malaysian jet crash
If you like your Kalashnikov AK-47, you can keep your AK-47. That's the message from the U.S. Treasury Department to U.S. gun owners.
• Reynolds’ huge fine may snare tobacco bonds
• Reynolds vows to fight $23.6 billion verdict
• Big Tobacco’s last gasp
4 reasons you need long-term care insurance
RetireMentors: The average couple retiring in 2014 can expect to pay roughly $240,000 in health-care costs during their retirements, says Stephen Williams.
• Feel invincible? Time to look at risk
• To get the right annuity, start at the finish line
• How to avoid some major 401(k) mistakes
Why are the BRICS starting a bank?
Commentary: There are lots of questions about why Beijing is backing the new development bank, notes David Marsh. Here are the answers.
Herbalife shares up 5.2% as Ackman gives presentation
June existing-home sales rise to 5.04 million rate
Existing-home sales rise 2.6% in June
May existing-home sales revised to 4.91 million rate
June median sales price up 4.3% YoY to $223,300
Inventory of existing homes for sale at 5.5 months
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner