NEED TO KNOW: Capitulation bottom, plus the Russell and five test tubes that say keep buying.
• Most overvalued, undervalued home markets
• San Francisco: case study in housing cool-off
• Newton, Mass., tops best U.S. cities to live in
Hong Kong protests ...
as seen by mainlanders
• Hong Kong government to wait out protesters
• Stephen: China’s Hong Kong democracy crisis
10 companies that really missed earnings estimates
Medicare open enrollment: It pays to get it right
What ‘South Park’ can teach us about startups
Trading Strategies: Revving up car stocks Full report here
• Buying Tesla, a market wild card
• Auto-parts stocks bearish on auto makers
• Is GM's bad news in the rear-view mirror?
Boomers vs. Millennials: Investing and saving
• European Central Bank keeps rates steady
• Constellation Brands profit, sales miss views
• Twitter lifted to overweight by J.P. Morgan
• Oil futures drop below $90 to 17-month low
• ‘Angry Birds’ maker cutting 16% of workforce
• European stocks fall | FTSE 100 drops
• Bankrupt city can adjust pension payments
• Japanese stocks fall to one-month low
• Microsoft offers first peek of Windows 10
ECB live blog: Draghi under pressure
The ECB leaves rates unchanged, but watch for 'private QE' details at Mario Draghi's news conference.
• 3 things to watch for from the ECB
• Draghi: ECB needs to take a tip from Hercules
• ECB gets another shove toward QE
7 reasons GoPro stock is likely to get dented
Opinion: The shares probably can’t rise much further after tripling since June, writes Jeff Reeves.
5 things to know about the Wayfair IPO
The online furniture retailer prices its offering above the indicated range to raise $319 million.
• Rocket Internet shares fall at debut
• Virgin Money plans £150 million IPO in London
Why John Boehner is wooing Jeb Bush
Boehner joins the list of those wanting a Bush 2016 candidacy. Plus, Holder-replacement choice narrows.
• Pierson exit doesn’t solve Secret Service woes
You may still be able to cut last year’s taxes
If you extended your tax return to Oct. 15, it’s not too late to take advantage of these four tax-saving possibilities.
Geopolitical risks have multiplied, but markets have "remained buoyant, if not downright bubbly," says economist Nouriel Roubini, a.k.a. Dr. Doom. But that could change.
• Case for ignoring October market crash talk
• The Dow’s dive took out this key chart level
• Will Halloween Indicator keep the bear away?
How Cramer called the big bond shake-up
RetireMentors: The reason “bond king” Bill Gross was destined to leave Pimco isn’t so hard to understand, says Mitch Tuchman.
7 tips for living well on a fixed income
RetireMentors: A focus on health can take the pressure off your budget, says Dan Barnabic.
New jobs indicator may roil markets
The Federal Reserve will release its Labor Market Conditions Index monthly, starting next Monday.
What you want instead of NYSE photos
MarketWatch chief Jeremy Olshan announces an end to photos of the NYSE trading floor. Instead, we're looking to your recommendations for alternatives.
• The last photo we’ll ever run of the NYSE
6 cruises that will make you smarter
For some, a vacation is a time to kick back and relax. But for others, it’s a time to learn something new — be it oenology, Greek mythology or astronomy.
The most ticketed car in America
Some vehicles receive more violations than others. Find out which get the most, by far.
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner