New York Markets Close in:
• iPhone 6 called the most durable iPhone yet
• iPhone 6 launch is biggest in device’s history
• More iPhone 6s sold than population of Georgia
• Apple price target raised to $130
• Cody Willard: 5 investor apps for iPhone 6
Gold crashes and is now tarnished for good Commentary: An improving economy is reducing safe-haven demand, writes Jeff Reeves.
• For gold bugs, it's bee an unhappy month
• Gold dips again; silver hits four-year lows
DiCaprio burned for hypocrisy in climate protest
• Thousands in N.Y. join march for climate
• Carbon pricing getting a new push
• Paul Farrell: This 1 chart exposes climate hoax
Boomers vs. millennials: The fast-food survey
• Burger King inversion can harm your retirement
Who will replace the Four Lords of Technology? Commentary: Apple, Microsoft, Intel and now Oracle have lost their leaders, bringing an end to true innovation, writes Marek Fuchs.
These are 5 expenses you don’t plan for, but should
How to shelter hundreds of millions in an IRA account
• 7 things you didn’t know about billionaires
20 amazing and affordable post-summer vacations The fall and winter months can be an ideal time for an affordable adventure.
• Alibaba IPO grows as bankers exercise option
• National activity index turns negative in August
• Sigma-Aldrich, Dresser-Rand gain on deal news
• EMC weighs merger, other options
• Clorox to shut down Venezuela business
• Exxon will halt drilling in Russian Arctic
• Russian gas supplies to Central Europe fall
• G-20 plans 2% global growth over next 5 years
• Finally, a weight-loss app for your kids
Income inequality in 11 Morgan Stanley charts
The issue of income inequality has taken on an increasing share of the debate over the economy.
It’s later than you think at FedEx
Trading Deck: The company is trading at far too high a valuation, argues Thomas H. Kee Jr.
RadioShack condition appears critical
Retailer says it’s talking to a big supplier to change the terms of their relationship, but is it already too late?
Existing-home sales fall 1.8% in August
Sales of existing homes fall for the first month in five.
Better to retire without a mortgage?
There are some good reasons for carrying a mortgage into retirement. But for many it’s better to go mortgage-free.
Caffeinate retirement with low-cost funds
RetireMentors: Investing in your retirement portfolio is a little like buying coffee, says Sanjoy Ghosh.
Noted hawk Charles Plosser to retire from Fed
One of the more hawkish regional Fed presidents on Monday announced his intent to retire.
• Dudley: Fed keeping eye on U.S. dollar rally
Smooth path for economy still elusive
After post-recession ups and downs, the U.S. economy appears poised for a smoother ride. Or does it?
Ex-IRS official: ‘I didn’t do anything wrong’
Lois Lerner says she did nothing wrong. P;us: Michelle Obama urged to campaign.
BlackBerry makeover starts to take shape
End of layoffs is a signal that CEO John Chen's shift away from consumers is showing results.
This is the Wild West of the ETF industry
It pays not to be trigger-happy in ETF managed portfolios, suggest experts.
• These are the surprise ETFs of 2014
• Here's where active management still pays
Crowdfund funeral costs for a loved one
Instead of flowers or a charitable donation when someone dies, how about helping to cover expenses?
Tesco shares pay for accounting error
Executives suspended, analyst “flabbergasted,” Tesco shares tumble on profit overstatement.
‘Yelping’ financial advisers
Opinion: New Web tools will enable you to weed out the bad ones, writes Asheesh Advani.
Double standard for female pro athlete
U.S. Soccer is drawing heat for letting Hope Solo play as she awaits domestic-abuse trial.
U.S.: Allies will join airstrikes
U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power says U.S. has built a coalition of nations for air attacks in Syria on terrorist group.
• Thousands of Syrian Kurds flee Islamic State
• Turkey secures release of 49 captives
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner