Commentary: The days when geopolitics could rock stocks are in the past, says Matthew Lynn
• E-cigarettes not savior of tobacco industry?
• Tobacco muni bonds face a trying time
Cities where millionaires roam in clusters
Hackers bypass online security at 34 banks
There’s no bear market in Chipotle burritos
Average premium hike in states without subsidies
• Obamacare ruling nitpicking over language?
• Courts are in conflict with Obamacare rulings
Everything in your house is getting cheaper to buy First Take: It’s getting cheaper to fill your house with furniture, appliances, electronics, kitchen equipment, tools, bikes and even toys.
• Consumer prices rise as gas prices jump
And America’s most-hated social media company is…
• BOE voted 9-0 to stand pat; pound slips
• Oil prices under pressure ahead of supply data
• Broadcom says it will cut 2,500 jobs
• China bailout may avert bond default
• Brazil cuts 2014 economic growth forecast
• Regulators rap Deutsche Bank over reporting
• ‘Yahoo Ending’: Japan’s one-stop afterlife shop
• Microsoft results weighed by Nokia
• 15 small-cap stocks Goldman deems worthy
Michael Lewis still calling market ‘rigged’
"Flash Boys" author’s discussion with late-night host Conan O'Brien is revealing in several ways.
• BATS O'Brien's epic TV battle with Katsuyama
This Apple supplier’s shares are flying high
Manufacturer of high-performance chips is also championing its capability in wearables, says Bill Gunderson.
• Apple patents ‘iTime’ smartwatch
• Apple to suppliers: Gear up for next iPhone
• Apple averages18% gain after 3Q earnings
Bloomberg travels to Israel to protest FAA
As celebrities pick sides in the deadly Gaza conflict, former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg travels to Tel Aviv to protest the U.S. halt to flights there.
• FAA temporarily bans U.S. fights to Tel Aviv
• 6 countries U.S. airlines won’t fly over
• Why your next flight could be over a war zone
Great Crash of 2016: Why it could happen
Opinion: Janet Yellen has the same self-destructive instincts as Alan Greenspan, and that means a bubble, predicts Paul B. Farrell.
• Ashbaugh: S&P 500 defies global strife
• Arends: When Dow hits 20,000, stocks crash?
U.S. makes case against Russians over MH17
Officials present evidence to support their claim Russia played a part in shooting down the Malaysia Airlines jet.
• Senators mull extra sanctions on Russia
• Facebook asks users to report fake MH17 sites
• How Malaysia struck a deal with rebels
Ackman’s other bet on Herbalife
Bill Ackman said he has spent $50 million and two years researching Herbalife. Regulators may be reluctant to spend as much.
• Herbalife: A high-stakes hedge fund gamble
• Ackman’s ‘death blow’ fails to sway investors
• Herbalife CFO fights back vs. Ackman
White bread prices keep declining
A grocery-aisle price war may have precipitated this race to the bottom for white bread.
10 best ‘Rockford’ episodes
These episodes are notable examples of Garner’s performance as the smart, somewhat cynical but basically kind-hearted Los Angeles private eye.
Hedge fund dodges billions
Renaissance Technologies managed to avoid more than $6 billion in taxes, a Senate report says.
• Weidner on Wall Street backlash and 2016
• Judge tosses out one Obamacare lawsuit
Why are the BRICS starting a bank?
Commentary: There are lots of questions about why Beijing is backing the new development bank, notes David Marsh. Here are the answers.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng closes up 0.8% at 23,971.87
German DAX 30 index flat at 9,725.47
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner