7 reasons why this Apple cycle will be different
• Apple tops $100, ending at new high
• Tech crash still a painful memory
Surfer Slater stands up for Ferguson in unlikely place
In the heat of competition in Tahiti, Kelly Slater takes a moment to raise his hands for those protesting about the shooting of a black teen.
• Ferguson ups police presence after violence
• Weidner: Why Ferguson matters to investors
• Autopsy finds no struggle in Brown shooting
Who gets dinged if Russia bans car imports?
3 reasons to sell Microsoft, Cisco, other big tech plays Commentary: Tougher competition and lower spending are hurting profit margins, writes Jeff Reeves.
America’s recession-torn construction belt
Construction has yet to reach pre-recession levels in most markets.
• To curb inflation, build more apartments
• Fewer Americans are paying for homes in cash
• Home builders turning toward apartments
• BOE policy makers break ranks on rates
• Oil futures rise ahead of weekly supply update
• Carlsberg slumps, Vestas rises: Europe movers
• FTSE breaks 5-day winning streak
• Gold slips | Dollar hits multi-month highs
• St. Louis police kill man in alleged knife attack
• German PPI hit by energy prices
• Buy the dips even as bull market ages: Citi
• 10 companies growing faster than their rivals
• Ballmer resigns from Microsoft board
• When will bears come out of hibernation?
Why is Priceline investing in this stock?
Trading Deck: It’s a good sign when a successful company takes a stake in an up-and-comer, writes Bill Gunderson.
China slaps Japanese companies with record penalties
China issues a dozen Japanese companies with the largest antitrust fine in recent history, though it gives two of the offenders a pass.
• Bank of China hunts buyers in Europe
• Citigroup may sell Japan retail-banking arm
• Japan exports rebound modestly in July
Harry Reid: Loss ‘likely’ in South Dakota
There’s trouble brewing for Democrats in this fall’s South Dakota Senate race, says Senate Dem chief Harry Reid.
• Uber hires Obama adviser amid regulatory fight
8 milestones that made Google formidable
Internet kingpin can mark many events in a decade as a public company.
• 13 times Google was not a hot stock
• 10 things you may not know about Google
Tech crash still a painful memory
While the Nasdaq is back to tech-bubble levels, some of tech giants that fueled the bubble still have a way to go.
• Nasdaq breaks out to less-charted territory
Take stock of your life before investing
Opinion: Want to be rich? Chances are investing alone won't do it — and here's why, explains J.J. Zhang.
• Top trader sees 3 dangers for stocks
Mysterious case of
H-P deal for Autonomy
Insight: Investors are still wondering about Hewlett-Packard writing down most of the $11 billion deal, notes Therese Poletti.
Soros is not the only big investor getting defensive
George Soros’s 13F filing shows a big jump in puts on the S&P 500 ETF, but he’s not the only big investor apparently hedging against a market fall.
• Why Ally Financial may be a better bet
• Where Buffett, Soros are moving their money
Your retirement might be
in better shape than you think
RetireMentors: A variable annuity and a mix of high-quality dividend stocks can provide a reliable income stream, says Amit Chopra.
• No need to worry about Social Security
• Coloradans have much to celebrate
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner