New York Markets Close in:
Trading Deck: Speculators often lose their edge during earnings season, writes Kevin Marder.
• How tragedies change Americans’ flying habits
• Algerie flight crashed, Algerian officials say
• Your next flight could be over a war zone
• Poll: Will disasters make you rethink travel?
How tequila sales have doubled over past decade
The popularity of Mexico’s native spirit is growing in the U.S., where it's having its national day today.
• In defense of soda, that American tradition
You can’t be Buffett but can be a better investor Commentary: You can’t be Warren Buffett, but, by understanding behavior, you can better the odds of achieving your goals, writes Cullen Roche.
Greenspan says bubbles don’t end without ‘crunch’
• Here’s what Alan Greenspan is reading
U.S. new-home sales
hit a three-month low
• D.R. Horton profit hurt by weak Chicago market
• Higher selling prices boost PulteGroup profit
• Everything in your house is getting cheaper
HHS: Obamacare saved consumers $9 billion
• Presidential motorcade keeps woman in
labor from entering Los Angeles hospital
Obama: Firms that avoid taxes renounce citizenship
5 amazing products
thanks to crowdfunding
Surprising ways to pay for your dream trip abroad
• 5 cities where the world’s ultrawealthy cluster
• IMF cuts its 2014 global growth forecast
• Jobless claims lowest in more than 8 years
• Obama and Ryan agree on a way to fight poverty
• Norway warns of ’imminent’ terror attack
• EU set to ban trading in Russia stocks: FT
• U.S. lifts ban on carriers flying into Tel Aviv
• Wal-Mart’s U.S. CEO replaced by Asia boss
Man Booker nod for crowd-funded novel
Paul Kingsnorth's book breaks new ground in making the prestigious competition’s longlist.
What are chances of Facebook hitting $100?
Based on options trading, a look at probabilities for stock hitting $100 at various points in the future.
• Facebook shares hit record on stellar earnings
Forget Facebook; Caterpillar is the one to watch
Why a company like Caterpillar can tell us a lot more than a high-flying social-media firm can.
• Caterpillar gets left in the dust
• Worrisome economic message from Caterpillar
Where have all the iPad buyers gone?
Why sales of Apple’s tablets fell for the second straight quarter.
• Why Apple may never top the iPhone
• Apple investors should prepare for iBummer
• Why Apple shares will jump to $110 this year
The shipping news you need to read
Is the Baltic Dry Index a harbinger of a major global economic slowdown?
Stocks soar with Zillow seen moving on Trulia
Shares of real estate websites rally on Bloomberg report that Zillow is seeking to buy rival Trulia.
What Citadel’s Griffin teaches about divorce
Lessons from Chicago hedge-fund billionaire Ken Griffin’s divorce filing.
Mr. Trump goes to Washington
Donald Trump’s luxury hotel groundbreaking adds momentum to the capital’s transformation.
• Spire plans to raise £315 million in London IPO
Chocolate prices are rising
The maker of M&Ms and Snickers bars is hiking prices for the first time since March 2011.
• Hershey profit up 5.4% despite rising costs
• Sweet tooth taking bite out of your finances
• Gum industry gets radical with flavoring
Chinese tycoon slammed
for big Harvard gift
A $15 million gift to Harvard University by a high-profile Chinese property tycoon has sparked an unusual wave of public criticism.
• Huge Harvard, Notre Dame gifts barely rank
Mideast peace campaign goes viral
A push against online anger over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in Gaza is drawing attention, even as the fighting rages on.
• Israel may be guilty of war crimes: UN official
Best walk-up music in baseball?
St. Louis Cardinals back-up catcher Tony Cruz may not be the biggest hitter, but his walk-up music is outstanding.
Traders are walking zombies on Wall Street
Analysis: Forces have converged, putting an end to the age-old investment profession, writes Howard Gold.
• One chart on why S&P rally is nothing to fear
How dying too rich can hurt you and your estate
RetireMentors: Denying yourself to save more money for heirs can have unintended consequences, warns Charlie Jordan.
• Yahoo Ending: Japan's one-stop afterlife shop
• The new generation gap is all about money
Feeling lucky? Picking a
hot fund is a
RetireMentors: Your chances of picking the next hot fund are literally the same as getting hit by lightning, says Mitch Tuchman.
• CGM Focus Fund investors missed the party
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner