• Commentary: Gaza could be economic oasis
6 Californias? How about
7 Rhode Islands
• Plan to cut California into six parts goes to vote
These 10 small cities are the snobbiest in America
Website ranks these cities as the snobbiest based on the highest median household income and home values, plus the number of art galleries and private schools.
White-collar crime pays — up to $5,000 a speech
This sextet of financial criminals, and others, have gone from the penitentiary to the podium.
• Sam Antar: The CFO behind Crazy Eddie fraud
• Vernon Beck: Pilot who swiped $13.5 million
• Aaron Beam: Fueled scandal at HealthSouth
• Dan Bubalo: Accidental fraud landed him in jail
• Chuck Gallagher: Stole from accounting clients
• Amy Wilson: Office manager embezzled $350K
• Read the complete MarketWatch special report
London’s famous Gherkin expected to fetch $1.1 bln
A city-by-city look
at home prices in May (shown) has third biggest April-to-May rise in home prices, Case-Shiller data reveal.
• U.S. home prices rise 1.1% in May: Case-Shiller
• What Zillow-Trulia means for home searches
• Housing market still isn’t all fine and dandy
10 best cities for millennials and first-time home buyers
• 10 tips to sell your house to Web-savvy buyers
How health care ate U.S. economy, in one map
New map shows how health care has become the predominant employer in most U.S. states.
• Khosla: Soon, your doctor may be a phone app
Five ways to invest in sex, from used books to Viagra
Five things you shouldn’t buy at dollar stores
• Dollar General may be in play
• Icahn’s $149 million profit off Family Dollar
• Dollar Tree to buy Family Dollar
Was your brokerage account hacked?
There is a risk that cyberthieves have hacked into your account. Here’s how to protect yourself.
• Barclays swings to profit
• Barclays tops FTSE 100 after upbeat results
• Lucky Strike maker's sales hit by currencies
• Stocks to watch Wednesday: Twitter, AmEx
• Dollar steady vs. yen ahead of Fed statement
• Airbus profit climbs 50% on orders backlog
• S&P, Dow end at session lows
• Amgen plans to cut up to 2,900 jobs
• Herbalife sinks, Darden gains, Plug Power up
• Earnings preview: Exxon’s Russian gambit
Russian stocks' fall may be 'tip of iceberg'
The situation is only set to get tougher for Russian banks and corporations as the U.S. and Europe tighten sanctions and credit tightens.
This tweak from the Fed could rock the market
Watch as UCLA floods
Skimboarding in the fading Southern California sun is one of those quintessential summer images. Except when it's taking place miles away from the beach.
China’s big bust shocks the nation
If you read only one “China probes top official” story this year, it should be this one, suggests Merrill Lynch.
• How China’s anti-corruption drive works (Caixin)
• McDonald’s Japan offers tofu McNuggets
• Japan industrial output misses forecast widely
UPS shares deliver a Dow Theory warning for stocks
Based on the century-old Dow Theory of market analysis, the transports' weakness bodes badly for the broader market.
Wal-Mart buys and shuts tech start-up
In the race for talent, one of the best ways, at least demonstrated by Wal-Mart's purchase of Luvocracy, is to gobble up the whole company itself first.
10-year may yield 4% by late autumn
Insight: Bond bullishness at near-record levels is a bad sign, says Mark Hulbert.
• Spanish 10-year yield less than U.S. Treasury
• Junk-bond fears rise as outflows accelerate
America ‘Under the Dome’
Horror master Stephen King’s “Under the Dome” is a vision of America’s future. Trapped in a massive bubble world warning us to wake up.
Breadth divergence threatens stocks
Commentary: Stock-market indicators are turning bearish — and most worrisome among this group is breadth.
• Charts reflect approach to S&P 2,000
Economy shrugs off winter blahs
Remember that 2.9% plunge in U.S. growth during an unusually blustery first quarter? Well, forget about it. Analysts polled by MarketWatch see a big rebound.
5 questions to ask your financial adviser first
If an investment adviser has had legal problems or run-ins with regulators in the past, that says something about how he or she will invest your money.
• 3 sell strategies to protect your savings
• How annuities profile potential buyers
Whole Foods stock is getting cheap
Opinion: Shares are cheap after investors got rattled by slashing of famously high prices, says Michael Brush.
• Whole Foods is No. 2 worst on S&P this year
• Wall Street rates 10 favorite fast-food joints
Let Ford and GM steer your portfolio
Analysis: These car stocks are undervalued, says Phil van Doorn.
Inversion critics want ‘deserters’ punished
Carl Levin and others want companies that pursue overseas M&A to cut taxes to be denied federal contracts.
Wall Street upbeat about Tesla
Investors will focus on deliveries and "gigafactory" updates when Tesla reports results.
• Tesla, Panasonic may have ‘gigafactory’ deal
Argentine bonds turn up in mutual funds
Turns out it's not just hedge funds that hold Argentina sovereign debt.
Why foreigners buy the dollar
There are complaints about its dominance in global finance, but few shun the greenback.
• How yen will play out as BOJ sticks to QE path
Why your job should not feel comfortable
Being terrified most of the time could pay off in performance and work satisfaction, argues Steve Errey.
J.P. Morgan cutting hundreds in tech support
Job cuts come as bank battles sluggish revenue, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner